What is a good percentage?

Options
I am doing low carb, low sugar and higher protein.

What are good percentages for daily goals then?

Right now I have it at 1500 calories; 30% carbs; 40% protein and 30% fat.

Replies

• gudiiya
    gudiiya Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Bump..I wanna know too....
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. It's balanced.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    What do you have you settings/goals at now? I read on mayoclinic.com that a low carb diet is 50-150g per day.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    Options
    Sounds good. It's balanced.

Is it? Great! I was tweaking it back and forth and from what I read/know it looked right.
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i think 40 prot, 40 carb 20 fat is better Low fat would make your heart happy lol
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Are you looking to enter ketosis? Enter ketosis then up your carbs until it kicks you out, then you should know what your max is.
  • bizco
    Options
    i think 40 prot, 40 carb 20 fat is better Low fat would make your heart happy lol
    Not true. Your cells need fat but it needs to be mostly healthy fats monounsaturated and polyunsaturated; not saturated and trans fats.
  • bizco
    Options
    What do you have you settings/goals at now? I read on mayoclinic.com that a low carb diet is 50-150g per day.
    Then you're right on target at 112.5g since your carbs are set to 30%.
  • Cwilliams8676
    Options
    Not true. Your cells need fat but it needs to be mostly healthy fats monounsaturated and polyunsaturated; not saturated and trans fats.
    There is NO way i can eat 40% fat no way I struggle to eat 20% I eat high protein nott o be one of the cool high protein people but because of my complete hysterectomy and low no existant estrogen it is what my body needs. I eat about 100-150 gram of carbs daily average, 140 grams of protein and I have zero clue on fat ill go see and post
    Edited 30 grams of fat today 210 carbs(usually 150ish) and 66 protein i need to drink a protein shake or two tonight
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    There is NO way i can eat 40% fat no way I struggle to eat 20% I eat high protein nott o be one of the cool high protein people but because of my complete hysterectomy and low no existant estrogen it is what my body needs. I eat about 100-150 gram of carbs daily average, 140 grams of protein and I have zero clue on fat ill go see and post
    Edited 30 grams of fat today 210 carbs(usually 150ish) and 66 protein i need to drink a protein shake or two tonight

I think bizco was more responding to your "Low fat would make your heart happy" than anything else.
  • Cwilliams8676
    Options
    well I was half kidding about that. I stick to 40/40/20 because my drs told me to eat that for hormone reasons. I struggle to get 20% in most days
  • bizco
    Options

I think bizco was more responding to your "Low fat would make your heart happy" than anything else.
    Exactly. Thank you. And I was responding to the original poster, not the post highjacker.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    Options
    I really hate to become obsessive about this but I can't help it.

NOW I have my goals at 1400 cal; 30 carbs; 30 fat and 45 protein....still good?

I usually get around 1200 calories a day. I am not depriving myself. I used to eat junk and my meal sizes were very off from where they should be. I measure everything now. Anyways I get around 100g of protein.

I have lost 12.2 pounds so far. If it works why fix it, right?

Thoughts?