Ten Ways to Change Your Metabolism Speed

Widdy1961
Widdy1961 Posts: 100 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I found this article and thought it may be of interest or use to someone...........

1. Metabolism jump start : If you are going anywhere whether it be for a walk, or intending to do some exercise, either running or whatever is you may be doing. You can apply the following technique.

To re-jump start your metabolism, walk or run in bursts of 30 seconds. When you do this, you will take in more oxygen into your body and this will cause the cells in your body to work harder in order to burn energy more efficiently.

If you’re walking or running at a steady pace of about 3 mph, what you need to do, for it to work is change your speed to roughly 4 mph for one minute. Then go back down to the lower speed for roughly 90 seconds and repeat the process over five times.

2. Eat fish: What are the reasons for eating more fish, that are rich in omega three oils ? Studies have been done on rats whom were given, large quantities of fish were found to lose weight. And the rats that didn’t showed no change.

Good sources of omega three oil fish are salmon and tuna, or you could take a cod liver oil supplement instead. Or if you don’t like eating fish try these other alternatives instead flaxseed oil, walnuts or eggs that are high in omega three oils.

3. Do resistance training : When you’re actually working against something, and you start to build muscle this alone will enable your body to burn calories, even when you’re resting up to a hundred more over a period of time. Muscle tissue tends to be active were as fat isn’t. If you work out for 30 minutes two times per week this will speed up your metabolism overtime.

4. Drink green tea : Green tea has long been known to have very good antioxidant properties which is good for overall health. However studies have been done on people, and the participants in the studies were found to lose weight, rather than those who didn’t drink green tea. You need to drink about 5 cups a day in order to lose roughly about 90 calories per day, A small investment to lose that amount of calories.

5. Don’t do crash dieting : When people are initially trying to lose weight, you tend to think that by cutting your calories down to the bare minimum you will lose weight faster. But that isn’t so.

What you need to do is eat five to six small meals a day, rather than having three large meals. This will stop your body going into starvation mode and holding onto fat stores. Work out your basic metabolic rate (BMR) so you know how much you need to eat in order to keep your body functioning.

6. Exercise in two parts : Rather than exercising intensively for one hour or two hours and having small breaks in between, exercise for half an hour. Then do your second session later on in the day studies have shown that, you burn more fat this way than you would do, if you exercise in just one session. You will get more of a after burn effect, your body will still be burning calories in between.

7. Eat Breakfast : With the way we tend to live these days, I dare say a lot of people do tend to skip it. A ongoing study that monitored people who didn’t,and those who did eat breakfast found that over a period. Of five years that the people whom ate breakfast, lost weight and kept it off rather than than those who didn’t eat breakfast.

8. Eat snacks : Sometimes this can be frowned upon in diet and weight loss circles, but the thing is your blood sugar levels will remain constant throughout the day. This will conquer any cravings and also keep your metabolism nicely ticking over. You’ll find also that you will need less food throughout the day.

9. Lower your intake of trans fats : We all know that these fats are bad for us, but the problem is due to their odd shape, they tend to bind to fat cells, which slow your metabolism down by clogging your liver up. Which is one of the major fat burning organs within your body.

10. Eat organic fruit and vegetables : Food that has been grown without the use of pesticides, will keep your metabolism running better rather than ones that have been treated with pesticides.
Food that has been treated with pesticides puts toxins into your body which interfere with your thyroid gland. So maybe it’s time to go organic.

There are more related articles on http://www.losethattyre.co.uk/

Widdy

Replies

• angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    thanks for the infor!
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Thanks for posting!!! I found some of the tips really helpful and will definitely try the others out! Esp. the running for 30 seconds or increasing speed...
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    good stuff!
  • GREAT INFO! THANKS!!
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Thanks for the info!
    It helps to see that I'm already doing several of those things. I will have to try the increasing speed for a minute, etc. I kind of do that already due to several long (and steep) hills on my walking route, but haven't been able to walk for a few weeks. Resistance training I get from Curves, so I've got that covered. It's hard to stay motivated, especially when the hubby would rather go over to the neighbor's awesome deck and enjoy a few cold adult beverages...........:drinker: :drinker: . I keep telling him I'm going to enjoy the insurance money when he croaks....:laugh: :laugh:
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    just bumping to read later. Thanks!!!!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Good stuff! Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.