lonely roads

Options
Wouga
Wouga Posts: 145 Member
Hi All! I've been on MFP off and on for a couple years. Until recently I haven't ever taken full advantage of all it has to offer. I'm 6 weeks into my "journey" this time, and I've just realized how much I desire more support. Perhaps the lack of support has had a hand in my giving up in the past. So, I'm throwing this out there in hopes of finding some people who can help keep me motivated while I attempt to do so for them as well. I'm a 34yo, stay at mom of 2, full time college student, literally stuck on an island (I live in Hawaii). I've lost 19lbs in the past 6 weeks, and have a good 50lbs left to go. Would love to add some new friends to the mix to help me reach my goal.

Replies

• tracy1971x5
    Options
    Hiya , feel free to add me im in my 1st week , im in the UK :0)
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have been here 102 days and just past my halfway mark. Would love to be your friend :)
  • mygrlz02
    mygrlz02 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi there....I'm with you on the importance of support. If I have no one else to answer to I pretty much don't keep it up. I'm lucky to have my sister who checks in on me frequently....it really does help a lot. My two daughters are also grown, now it's time to focus a lil more on myself. Add me...we can motivate each other. =)
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Good Luck... Just keep pushing and working everyday. Feel free to add me. I'm on here almost everyday.
  • rds532
    rds532 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've been doing this for about 8 weeks but have not had much success. But, I do not give up and will keep trying.
  • G_Grayson
    Options
    Hi, I've been on the site for awhile but never really used it.........so that's my first change. Baby steps right? Anyone can add me. I've got 30lbs to losemyself. I'll do what I can to help others.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I'm a stay at home mom of 2, and I'm 34. That's funny.
  • lorrdavis
    Options
    looking for friends to help me along my way!.....I am in Scotland x
  • Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I initially started simply logging my calories and exercise and getting off, but I've found interacting in the community and meeting these very interesting people on MFP has kept me engaged with my weight loss goals in a way that is fun and keeps me focused. I think it's great that you are reaching out. Good luck!
  • JennMarieFitz
    JennMarieFitz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom of 1. Looking to lose 15- 20 pounds, and this site is really the only thing keeping me on track. I'm on week 3 of diligently logging everything - and while I don't own a scale, my clothes sure fit better! Feel free to add me. I'm stuck in a teensy farm town in Italy.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Definitely add friends, open up your diary, get involved. MFP has a great support community and it will definitely keep you going! :)
  • ellyallen
    ellyallen Posts: 30
    Options
    good job so far! I would be glad to be your friend. :)
  • Wouga
    Wouga Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I'm already feeling less alone in this battle. I think I sent a request to everyone that didn't send me one, if I missed you feel free to add me and my apologies for inadvertently missing you. :(