VENTING ABOUT EATING .......

Options
I went to Subway for lunch today, and there I was, eating my Subway salad with lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, peppers, ham and turkey. At a table across from me was someone, who looked like they weighed about 100 pounds, eating a foot long meatball sub, bag of regular chips and a botttle of coca cola (not even diet!!!). I really hate people like that. How do they eat all of that and stay so thin??? All I need to do is smell something like that and I can gain weight!!!!

Replies

• mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Some people are blessed with a super-high metabolism. I was fortunate to have a metobalism like that until I was about 35, and it's been downhill since then :frown: :frown:
  • TheBestMe
    TheBestMe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It catches up don't worry. This sounds terrible but I have a good friend from high school that was like that and up until about a year ago she still was. I was so jealous because she was eating anything she wanted and was still a size 5! She moved back from Colorado this year and now I weigh less and look better than she does!!! I hope she gets healthy but on the otherhand it's kind of bittersweet :wink: :laugh:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    The eaters are bad, but so are the friends who eat like a bird and make you feel like a pig for your veggie filled half a sandwhich....Most of mine are like that.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    I went to Subway for lunch today, and there I was, eating my Subway salad with lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, peppers, ham and turkey. At a table across from me was someone, who looked like they weighed about 100 pounds, eating a foot long meatball sub, bag of regular chips and a botttle of coca cola (not even diet!!!). I really hate people like that. How do they eat all of that and stay so thin??? All I need to do is smell something like that and I can gain weight!!!!

I completely feel your pain....when I was in college one of my roomates was like that, she ate like a pig and was still skinny as a rail and looked awesome in a bathing suit. While I on the other hand ate like a bird and still looked fat in a bathing suit. I just came to terms with the fact that we are all made with different metabolisms and just because people are skinny doesn't mean that they are healthy. You can be thin and your cholesterol and Body Fat Percentage can be through the roof!, and also may suffer from health problems when they get older because of eating habits. So don't fret atleast you are doing something good for your body and you will reap the benefits of it when you get older!
  • vanessa915
    vanessa915 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    And just because they're thin DOES NOT mean they are healthy. You could be in MUCH better shape then them, even though you weigh more.

Vanessa
  • MelissaMarie
    Options
    oh yes I hear ya!! I am a 21 year old college student so eating out has been a horrible habit that I have gotten into and I have a few friends like that and it makes me so mad. Here I am counting calories, watching the fat content, and choosing healthier options while they scarf down whatever looks good at the time! In most cases, it will catch up with them. They will keep the bad eating habits as adults and by then it will be even harder to change. I feel that watching what I am eating now will make for a healthier and longer future for my fiance and I. So next time you see young girls that barely outweigh the sandwich they are eating just remember that you are making the healthier decision because it make you feel better and one day they'll realize what they should be doing:happy
  • swishpete
    swishpete Posts: 15
    Options
    Oh wait... I have a good one for you. I have a friend that I've been close with since high school, we are now in our mid 30's, married and have kids. She just had her third child about 6 months ago and not only is slim again but also has a "bikini' body ( which I do not!) Anyway, she recently as joke, posted a picture of me on facebook in my bikini from when we were teenagers. Ok I was thin and my metabolism was pretty good BACK THEN. But after 4 kids and just getting older, it's a struggle. I have to exercise and watch what I eat. But the worst thing about it was she posted a comment under the picture that said my name Rachel before kids..... when she knows damn well that she can still look good in a bikini after kids and I cannot. So thanks my friend for making me feel like ****! And I don't even think she has any idea how much that hurt my feelings.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I used to be active enough to eat like that :ohwell:. Darn home businesses .... :grumble:
  • beckythebunny122
    beckythebunny122 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I sometimes feel the same way. My youngest brother regularly went to McDonald's and spent $15 or $20 on the dollar menu burgers and fries and is a stick! He always made comments about it to my other brother and me (who are NOT sticks, to say the least).

But - he went to the doctor recently and was told that at 19, he had bad cholesterol and was diabetic and all kinds of other things so he's now on a really restricted diet and special meds.

The "fat" siblings (as my youngest brother so nicely calls us)? Great bloodwork. For us, we've had a long time to learn about healthy eating choices and every once in a while we can indulge in something like a piece of candy or something similar without worries of going into diabetic shock or coma.

My younger brother? He can't have anything like that anymore. He's also never had to learn how to cook or eat healthy, so I'm glad he's coming home from college soon so he can learn how to make good choices this summer.

I guess that no matter how skinny someone looks, they can still be really unhealthy if they make bad choices. In some ways, I'm glad that I have that check on myself so I'm not going to be surprised one day and then have to spend my life radically changing how I eat.
  • tvfit
    tvfit Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    not venting about eating, but advising on facebook privacy controls ...
    Go to SETTINGS, PRIVACY, PROFILE, PHOTOS TAGGED OF YOU, CUSTOMIZE, ONLY ME

you can make it so that only YOU can see it when someone tags you.

... maybe that helps the facebook problem.

GL
  • swishpete
    Options
    To Tvfit- she actually posted the picture on her profile in her photos, wall photos. I have tried numerous ways to get this photo off but I have to assume that because it's in her wall photos there is not a damn thing I can do about it.
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    Oh wait... I have a good one for you. I have a friend that I've been close with since high school, we are now in our mid 30's, married and have kids. She just had her third child about 6 months ago and not only is slim again but also has a "bikini' body ( which I do not!) Anyway, she recently as joke, posted a picture of me on facebook in my bikini from when we were teenagers. Ok I was thin and my metabolism was pretty good BACK THEN. But after 4 kids and just getting older, it's a struggle. I have to exercise and watch what I eat. But the worst thing about it was she posted a comment under the picture that said my name Rachel before kids..... when she knows damn well that she can still look good in a bikini after kids and I cannot. So thanks my friend for making me feel like ****! And I don't even think she has any idea how much that hurt my feelings.

That doesn't sound like a very good friend to me! Don't get yourself down, it sounds like she may be jealous of you in some way and she did this very passive aggressive behavior to try and make herself feel better.
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    MY BOYFRIEND IS LIKE THAT!

It drives me mad cause I am trying so hard to loose weight, and he doesnt, yet we eat all out meals together, and so i get to watch him eat chocolate and crisps :( Im not going to make him stop cause he doesnt need to but its so hard to sit and drool at it every day! Its like punishment!!!
  • swishpete
    Options
    Yes, Kristina I don't think that's a very good friend either!
  • kittn
    kittn Posts: 2
    Options
    apparently there are some people who are slim but store fat on the inside and around their muscles.