Runners HRM/calorie/watch?

Options
jtintx
jtintx Posts: 445 Member
Now that I've started running I'm wondering if I should get a new HRM watch that also records laps. My Polar is just a HR monitor and calorie counter. Is there a watch for runners that does all three (HR, calories, lap timer) that you would recommend? I would prefer a small(er) face since my wrists aren't that big. What else should I look for in a watch? Thanks.

Replies

• agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Committment and a steady job!

Sorry couldnt resist, I was just wondering the same thing so I'm curious as to what other people use.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Garmin Forerunner 305, still affordable and has a lot of bells and whistles, tells you how far you've gone, etc. If you click on my profile pick, it's on my wrist after the first 1/2 I did, it's a great tool!
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner (a walker who's working on 5+ mph speed), but I do have a "running computer" HRM. Hubby got it for me for my birthday and I love it love it love it!!! :heart:

It's a Polar RS200. It comes with a chest strap, foot pod (so you can track speed as in mph once it's calibrated), and a wrist unit. You can set training zones and all sorts of stuff! Here's a link to the website that describes it:

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/running_multisport/RS200/

Be prepared to pay quite a bit for the more advanced HRMs. They can be spendy!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Garmin Forerunner 305, still affordable and has a lot of bells and whistles, tells you how far you've gone, etc. If you click on my profile pick, it's on my wrist after the first 1/2 I did, it's a great tool!

I am saving up for one of those. Currently I just use a Timex Triathalon to clock time and use google earth to pick a route and judge the distance.
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I've been away so sorry that I haven't thanked you all for your replies....but THANKS!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Polar has a whole line of HRM's geared toward running. you can check em out at www.polarusa.com