Calorie Intake

Options
I am 5"2 and I am having a hard time trying to stay under 1200 calories a day. I did it before and even tried to go back and see what I was eating. Any suggestions to help me stay under 1200 calories. For some reason it has been so hard for me this time. I was 160 pounds and got down to 135 and now i am 154. I just can not get it together this time. I didnt go to a gym. i lost my weight before by walking, running some and cutting back on what i eat. My oldest daughter loves to eat and is al;ways trying to get me to eat. My youngest daughter is 103 pounds and needs to eat. And my husband was 300 pounds and had baractric surgery and he has no problem maintaining his weight. But its killing me. I feel like i am fighting a loosing battle. I love bojangles sweet tea and I just have started getting unsweet and putting splendar in it. i drink water with white grape. But my meals are what Iam having trouble with. I can eat oatmeal for breakfast. But what else if I get sick of oatmeal. I eat broiled and grilled food. I do have a weakness for mac and cheese.Any suggestions . Please help.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is pretty low. Are you sure you should be eating so little? What is your BMR?
  • Dawnsdream
    Options
    Your estimated BMR is: 1,278 calories/day*
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    When I look at your diary it looks like you may have begun to log again in the last day or so. Is that correct? If so I would suggest that you keep going with the foods that both satisfy you and work within your goals. Remember to get moving if you are able and to stay hydrated too. Do the best that you can and each day should get easier. You've done this before, been successful and you can do it again :flowerforyou:
  • Dawnsdream
    Options
    I use to walk 3 miles in the morning and 3 miles at lunch and one mile at night. But we have moved so I dont have anywhere to walk at home any more. Neighbor hood is too bad to walk alone and I can walk when I go to work. I get to work at 6am and can walk until 7:30 am and I can walk at lunch for a hour. but on the weekends I am screwed and in the evenings.
  • robinrkirkland
    robinrkirkland Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cut out wheat and starch for a while and replace it with fruits and veggies, eggs, nuts and meats. You will be under your 1200 cal goal in no time. That's what I've been doing so far so good.
  • Dawnsdream
    Options
    I started back two months ago. I just been trying to get it under control with my phone application and not logging it on here. I have to set my foods I can eat. which was always my first step and learning to walk a little more each day. I just feel drained. I am 49 years old and had a bad sprain for 9months I was on crutches i am just trying to get my foot to agree with me now. So walking has been a little tougher but i am trying to push myself to be able to walk as I did before.
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    sorry no help here. eating under 1200 is crazy and you will not lose weight and if you do it will probably be more muscle than fat which will cause you to pile back on the weight faster than ever. Im not going to encourage you to eat that low of cals but i would suggest trying eating 1200-1400 cals and see what happens in 1 to 2 mos. Best of luck. oh yeah and if u exercise, of course eat back those cals as best as you can.
  • FlabulessFam
    Options
    From looking at your diary, i think you need to drink MORE water besides the fact that under 1200 calories is too low! I would say increase it a tad for a couple of weeks while drinking more water and see what happens! Our bodies need nourishment to get the best results!
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Try Leslie Sansone walking DVDs. No need to leave the house in a bad area. I have been using since mid Feb. and lost 40lbs.
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I would suggest eating at your BMR.
  • mom22yorkies
    Options
    Hi, I see alot of I can't do this and that in your post, but forget those.. What can you do?? You can first of all figure out how many calories you should be eating. MFP set me at 1200 calories and after a couple weeks of being hungry and no energy to workout, I researched and upped my calorie intake to what it needs to be of around 1400 now. Just adding the right amount of calories, I now have lots more energy and feel so much better.
    I work out 4 to 5 times a week. I love walking, I walk outside, I walk on the treadmill at the gym and I walk on a treadmill at home. I am always switching it up. If you don't live in a safe neighborhood, then I would suggest getting yourself some workout DVD's to help you work out in your home. you are worth it. Take the time to take care of yourself.

Breakfast ideas.. love oatmeal, but add topping like granola, nut butters, etc.. I have to have lots of protein, that is what will stick with me so i am not hungry. Eggs, turkey bacon, yogurts, smoothies, etc... If I eat carb heavy, I get hungry quick.

You have lost before, you can do it again. We are rooting for you.... :)
  • naomisimpson247
    Options
    You save loads of calories by just having protien and veg for your evening meal. So chicken and Veg or steak and veg etc...or even just having a nice soup. Try just eating fruit for breakfast and make lunch your main meal - make it rice based, not wheat, potato or bread. They are full of calories. (Snack on fat free youghart, dried fruit etc) Eating like this makes it far easier to keep to 1,200 :)
  • Dawnsdream
    Options
    thank you everyone for the advice.
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    Try Leslie Sansone walking DVDs. No need to leave the house in a bad area. I have been using since mid Feb. and lost 40lbs.

yes, this :) you can find her full length workouts on youtube....no need to spend money or leave your house to get moving. when you find excuses not to work out then the motivation isnt there 100%
    good luck :)