What's your: "I NEVER thought I would, but NOW..."

Options

Replies

• jomiley23
    jomiley23 Posts: 76
    Options
    Never thought I could drink my coffee without my 3 tsp of sugar... but hooorayyy I can lol

Me too. I used the exact same amount. Now it's a half tsp of truvia and fat free half and half. Yesterday, I didn't even drink any!

Also, I never thought I would be consistent with tracking calories but it's been 95 days! (Only one I missed was on a camping retreat where we didn't have cell phone service. I guessed my calories and ran my butt off playing basketball and ultimate frisbee.)

I never thought I would be able to keep my husband on it with me.

I never thought I would own exercise equipment again after the treadmill incident of '04.

So many I nevers!!! So nice to be changing.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I never thought that I could wear my wonder woman shirt while working out, and then really feel like wonder woman afterwards :blushing:
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would love spin.
    I never thought I would lift weights and build arm muscles!
    I never thought I would be able to run for 30 minutes straight
    I never thought I could work out on the elliptical for an hour!
  • arisher
    arisher Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd be getting up at 5:30 in the morning to go to the gym 5 days a week! Or that I'd even have a gym membership to begin with!

Or, that I would look forward to exercising, and wouldn't mind sweating so much! Really? Me?!

What time do you go to sleep? I got up at 5:15 on Monday and Tuesday to but today I was just too exhausted.
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would go to the grocery store and my cart be full of fruits, vegetables, turkey, bottled water, WHOLE WHEAT BREAD (before I would have never touched whole wheat bread)!! Before my lifestyle change it was full of chips, dip, cokes, doughnuts, frozen pizza etc etc... I feel sooooooo much better now!!! :happy:
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would HAVE to keep baby spinach & chobani plain greek yogurt on hand at all times!!! I can't be without either of those items!!

this is me totally!!! lol
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    You all are making my cry happy tears. What a great thread.
    This line especially got to me:

"I never thought I'd care as much about myself to finally start to change my life."

That for me too. And maybe a few more:
    I never thought I'd wear a belt.
    I never thought I could run in the store for just for bananas.
    I never thought I'd enjoying cooking and taking care of myself.
    I never thought I'd weigh less than my mother and fit into her too tight clothes.
    I never thought I could do this, but thanks to MFP I am.

30 lbs lost today!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I Never thought I would be the one my friends and coworkers come to for weight loss advice, BUT I AM!
    I never thought I would be back down to my high school weight, BUT I AM!
  • arisher
    arisher Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would, but NOW I can do burpees.
    I never thought I would, but NOW I love mountain climbers and bird dogs.
    I never thought I would, but NOW I love to cook and eat healthy foods.
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I NEVER thought I would run a 5K, let alone a half-marathon!
    I NEVER thought my 31-year-old self could kick the pants off my 21-year-old self!
    I NEVER thought I could eat 2,000 + calories a day and lose weight (albeit slowly)! That totally rocks!

Thanks OP- this thread made my day. :flowerforyou:
  • bangersnmash90
    Options
    I NEVER thought I would like sweating and actually be annoyed when I didn't feel I worked as hard as I could!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I NEVER thought I would weigh less than my husband.
    I NEVER thought I would sacrifice my sleep-in morning to wake up at 5:30 for a sunrise run.
    I NEVER thought I would be a runner. I couldn't even run more than 30 seconds in grade school.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I never thought that I'd actually ENJOY working out and be upset when I realize that I can't fit it into my schedule some days.
    I never thought that I'd crave drinking water over anything else... even at restaurants when a margarita is on the menu :drinker:
    I never thought that I'd drink black coffee... or coffee in general, to be honest.
    I never thought that I'd love looking at myself in the mirror naked (maybe TMI, but still lol)
    I never thought I'd have people asking me for healthy lifestyle advice.

And most of all, I never thought that I'd be this dedicated to change my life for the better despite all of the odds, trials, tribulations and obstacles along the way.

Great job to everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    never thought I'd be EXCITED to get on the scale.... down 10 lbs in 3 weeks can do that to you
    never thought i could walk for 2 hrs straight (i did a couple weeks ago)
    never thought I'd be doing zumba.. i suck but im still doing it
    never thought i'd be looking at investing in a HRM
    never thought I'd consider RUNNING...(am going to start doing C25K may 1st)
    never thought i'd be brave enough to try a 200 sit up challange (that im starting over because i've skipped a bunch due to schedules and over worked sore (PAINFUL) abs
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would run any distance past a mile and now I'm training for my 5th full marathon.
  • Sweetncgal78
    Sweetncgal78 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would be .... walking 5.26 miles for charity and being so happy about it, for myself, and for those in need! (April 21st!)
  • nightscare0
    Options
    I never thought I would be able to lose 3 lbs let alone over 30 so far!
    I never thought I would look forward to working out as a de-stresser!
    I never thought I would love the feel of burning muscles!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I am a runner and enjoy it
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would be able to look in the mirror and not hate what I saw, but now... well, I have a nice *kitten*.

ETA - I also never thought I would love working out, but now I *****love***** it
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    run. and enjoy it.

used to hate it, but now i really look forward to putting some miles behind me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!