Jillian Michaels 90 Day Revolution Meal Plan

Options
Does anybody have this program?

I'm not following her meal plan per say because it involves a lot of cooking, but she says never to include strawberries, peaches or raw carniferous veggies in your weight loss program. I had never heard this before. Her reasoning is that they do something to the thyroid. Has anyone heard this before? I love strawberries and peaches and I won't be able to stop eating them!

Replies

• adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Yes, a lot of us are doing Body Revolution.

You can find us here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2883-jillian-michaels-body-revolution
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Yes I have it, but no, I don't follow that eating. Listen to your body. Those fruits can effect Thyroid function but only negatively in individuals with true thyroid issues. Fruits are good, massive weight loss by jacking with your bodies hormones is not.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Does anybody have this program?

I'm not following her meal plan per say because it involves a lot of cooking, but she says never to include strawberries, peaches or raw carniferous veggies in your weight loss program. I had never heard this before. Her reasoning is that they do something to the thyroid. Has anyone heard this before? I love strawberries and peaches and I won't be able to stop eating them!

She's also weary of raw fruits/vegetables that are not organic - for obvious reasons. If you don't already have digestive issues (processing these particular foods) or thyroid issues, and if you are buying organic fruits/vegetables, then I wouldn't worry about it. I still eat my berries!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten Body Revolution yet but I do have thyroid issues (I'm hypo) and never heard that about strawberries or peaches. I eat a lot of both in season!