What is your goal if you're 5'3!???

Options

Replies

• trababes1971
    trababes1971 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I always find it easier to say how many stones i would like to be lol! So im in the 11 stone (ish ) mark now, and would like to be around nine stone. Im 5ft 4 . Hoping i will do it as sick of squeezing into my clothes :( xx
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5'4, and I now weight 145 lbs.
    My goal is to be 130 - 135 lbs.

I'm not paying to much attention to weight now, lots of people told me to stay away from the scale but i still weigth myself once a week 'cause I joined a challenge here on MFP.
    I started strenght exercises, 'cause I run for 18months now and o lost no weight, i gained almost 7lbs since starting, but my body changed and it's more tonned. I think i have some muscles now :blushing:
    Know I want to work my upper body and abs, but i'm still continuing the cardio training.
    Wellit was just to get a healthy bmi which would of been just 140 and I'm only 8 pounds away and I'm not happy with how my body looks so I figure I should make it 128. But I want to see what other ladies are doing

What are the parts of your body that you don't like how they look?

Kisses,
    Tatyanne
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5" and my goal is 120 lbs. I feel like I look too skinny at 115. I am currently 140 and completely unhappy with the shape I am in. I started a 90 day workout program yesterday to kickstart my weightloss.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5ft 3 and currently 149lbs my Ultimate goal is to be 120lbs but I am aiming for 130lbs at the moment and would like to be there by August 7th when I go to Corfu! But as long as the inches are decreasing and I am toning up I could weigh 160lbs lol :) x
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I will follow up by saying I would be happy with 125 lbs so long as I am toned and it's additional muscle weight not fat weight.
  • tjungkunz
    tjungkunz Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and currently 140, hoping to get 125-130. That being said, looking more for healthy BMI / Body Fat%, so adding more muscle (lots I hope!) and losing fat will make things fluctuate. Before my last child I dropped to 117 and looked too thin without enough muscle. Keep working hard :)
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    H: 5'3
    HW: 155
    SW: 152
    CW: 143
    GW:125

I might end up trying to get down another 5 pounds to 120... but I can't tell yet(;
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3"....current weight is 145.....goal weight is 132, once I reach that....I may try for 125 lbs! =]
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3" and my goal is 125-135 TONED
  • flame65
    flame65 Posts: 11
    Options
    Working for 125-130 :)
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I'm not so much as big on the number on the scale as my size jeans/how my clothes fit. ...it just all depends on your body shape and bone structure. ... and don't be obsessed with the number on the scale! Its all about how you feel in your clothes and what you're comfortable with, not necessarily the number on the scale!

I agree with this (I pieced the quote together to take out the personal details) 100%!!!

I am 5'3.5" and have a large frame. I started at 214 in a tight size 18 in Oct 2010, I now weigh 159 (last Friday) and wear a size 12. I am going for 147 as my goal bacause I was 145 after the birth of my son 10 years ago. I want to maintain my weight between 145 - 150. I will switch from primarily run training to weights after my half marathon May 5th to get the strength and toned look that I want.
  • brittldb
    brittldb Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I am around 130, but my goal is 115-120.
  • LoopyLaura68
    LoopyLaura68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3 & my start weight when i joined MFP in March this year was 171.4lbs.
    My current weight,as of last Friday,is 167.6lbs.
    My goal weight is 133lbs.
    Once I hit this I'll see if I'm happy with the way I look & whether I'll need to lose more. I want to be toned too :smile:
  • minigirl2
    minigirl2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My goal is 133 lbs and I'm 5ft 3.5 in. I weighed 117 lbs five years ago and just couldn't maintain that weight without significant exercise and if I am honest I looked too thin, I'm medium boned. I think I look my best at around 126 lbs.

After being 117lbs I blossomed to a whopping 184 lbs thanks to an alcohol problem.

Wow - this sounds like me! I am 5'3" and a couple of years ago, was able to shrink down to 117 and fit into size 2s and 4s with ease. But many people at that time told me I looked too thin and I should gain some weight. I didn't care cuz I felt so good and loved all the new clothes I bought at my new size. But I realized that my diet then was not realistic. I barely ate anything and if I did, it was a salad! I kind of lost interest in food for a while and worked out like a maniac. Not sustainable. Plus, I love food and sweets in particular! So here I am, a few years and 10 pounds later.

I now weigh around 130 but would prefer getting down in the 122-125 range. But as I turn 50 this year and my metabolism slows to a crawl, that may not be a realistic goal.
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Initially, my goal was (and still officially is) 150. That would still technically be overweight, but it has been so long since I was anywhere near there, that I have no idea what it will look like. I chose it mostly because it would be half the weight I was when I got started in November 2009. Now, I believe I will ultimately shoot for 135-140. But I will re-evaluate when I get to 150. I also want to be sure I can maintain wherever I settle on.
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my goal is 125...I made it to 138 last year and I looked pretty good actually:-) So, if I make it back to 140/135 then I might make that my goal instead.....Are there any groups on here that chat daily, weigh ins??
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2'' and between 120-125 right now. I'm focusing more on body fat percentage at this point since I'm happy with my weight. I'd really like to get my body fat % down to about 15%-18%.
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Options
    My goal is 133 lbs and I'm 5ft 3.5 in. I weighed 117 lbs five years ago and just couldn't maintain that weight without significant exercise and if I am honest I looked too thin, I'm medium boned. I think I look my best at around 126 lbs.

After being 117lbs I blossomed to a whopping 184 lbs thanks to an alcohol problem.

Wow - this sounds like me! I am 5'3" and a couple of years ago, was able to shrink down to 117 and fit into size 2s and 4s with ease. But many people at that time told me I looked too thin and I should gain some weight. I didn't care cuz I felt so good and loved all the new clothes I bought at my new size. But I realized that my diet then was not realistic. I barely ate anything and if I did, it was a salad! I kind of lost interest in food for a while and worked out like a maniac. Not sustainable. Plus, I love food and sweets in particular! So here I am, a few years and 10 pounds later.

I now weigh around 130 but would prefer getting down in the 122-125 range. But as I turn 50 this year and my metabolism slows to a crawl, that may not be a realistic goal.
    I had the same issue when I got down to 138, people were saying I looked "sickly" and I should gain weight back.....for some ODD reason, I actually listen to these folks, but then I climbed BACK up into the 180s....I am so sad with myself that I accomplished that within a years time....But back on plan and want to look very very nice this summer and FIT back into the clothes I was wearing last summer...LOL I am actually looking at my summer clothes box right now and can't get into anything...LOL....funny but also sad.....
  • Des0528
    Des0528 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and currently at 147 lbs. I would like to get between 125-130. And mainly would just like to tone up and be healthy!!
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3 and I currently weigh 165, I have been down to 149 at my lowest and I didnt look real great almost sick. So I am thinking I will get to 150 and see how I feel.