Can Just ONE person........?????

Options
Make a comment about my weight loss??? Im sooo happy with my accomplishment, but it would be so nice to hear it from other people...just ONE??? (my husband doesn't count :tongue: )
BUT NOTHING!!

I know 12 lbs isnt alot, but I have worked gosh darn hard to lose this weight and personally I am proud.

Funny how that one little compliment can give you a big boost!! Hopefully one day I will get one.:grumble:

Replies

• ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    12lbs is alot to me! I will be so chuffed if i ever loose 12! JEALOUS....Congrats :)
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Umm hellloooo 12 pounds is great!!! :happy: Good job!

~Leash :heart:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I've lost 4 pounds and am damb proud of it too! haha, good work girl! CONGRATS! Woo Hoo! You're amazing! Keep up the hard work!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    anm53f059deab1d56aa.gif
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness are you kidding? 12 pounds is amazing!! It takes nothing to put it on and so much hard work to get it off. You rock! Keep it up....your great inspiration to me.:flowerforyou:
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! That means alot!! :flowerforyou:

But do you ever feel the same way??? Sometimes you just want that ONE compliment and it will get you through the next 2 months of hard work??
  • Eileen71
    Eileen71 Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations! Don't feel too bad. I've lost 100, and finally got a compliment today!
  • nikii14
    Options
    Congratulations! Don't feel too bad. I've lost 100, and finally got a compliment today!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Congratulations to you both! :flowerforyou: GREAT JOB! Keep it up! :smile:
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options

But do you ever feel the same way??? Sometimes you just want that ONE compliment and it will get you through the next 2 months of hard work??
    First of all, congrats on your success :flowerforyou:

And second, I wanted to tell you that there are only two compliments I've ever received that really stuck with me, and neither one was about my weight.

The first was at a Christmas party, and I was talking with a couple of women that I worked with. One looks at me, and then looks at the other woman and says, pointing at me, "You know why I love this one? Because she's so ALIVE!" True, the woman was just a little drunk, but I knew that she meant it.

The second was only a couple of weeks ago. I had just finished my second spin class ever, and went to ask the instructor about a problem I was having with cramping feet during class. We talked a while, and he said, "Do you spin often?" To which I replied, "No, this is only my second class", and he said, "well you're very good at it, you're obviously athletic."

The only comments I've gotten about my weight loss (about 10 pounds so far) have been from my husband and a couple that I hadn't seen in a few months. But that doesn't make me feel bad... when I need a little boost, I remember those two compliments that I keep stored in my head and it gets me going. That, and when my doctor looked at me and said, "Well, you're not THAT overweight" :laugh:

So maybe try and think about things people have said to you that are about more than your appearance... those are the things that really matter anyway, right?
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

Congrats on losing 12 pounds! I had lost 11 but put 6 back on when I quit smoking a month ago. I've been working real hard and now 2 of those 6 I gained back are gone again. Just gotta kill off the other 4 and keep going :wink:

And I feel the same way sometimes. Not only about weight, but not smoking too. I've gotten a couple praises/compliments but it gets really hard to remember them in the middle of a nicotine fit. lol

Anywho ~ Keep up the awesome work!!
  • nikii14
    Options

Congrats on losing 12 pounds! I had lost 11 but put 6 back on when I quit smoking a month ago. I've been working real hard and now 2 of those 6 I gained back are gone again. Just gotta kill off the other 4 and keep going :wink:

And I feel the same way sometimes. Not only about weight, but not smoking too. I've gotten a couple praises/compliments but it gets really hard to remember them in the middle of a nicotine fit. lol

Anywho ~ Keep up the awesome work!!

I think its AWESOME for both your weightloss and quitting smoking journey!!! Just the fact that you are taking these steps is great!!!!

Good luck in your journey!!:flowerforyou:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Make a comment about my weight loss??? Im sooo happy with my accomplishment, but it would be so nice to hear it from other people...just ONE??? (my husband doesn't count :tongue: )
    BUT NOTHING!!

I know 12 lbs isnt alot, but I have worked gosh darn hard to lose this weight and personally I am proud.

Funny how that one little compliment can give you a big boost!! Hopefully one day I will get one.:grumble:

Sorry to hear that.:ohwell: It really does help. Hopefully with summer (and thus less clothing) settling in, you'll start getting more comments and compliments!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    NICE work on the 12 lbs!!

people rarely feel comfortable making comments about weight. From what I hear, people don't comment unless they are 1) REALLY close to you (think hubby or mom- who by the way are the only people that comment on my losses :grumble: ) or 2) You've lost MAJOR weight. Like as in a Biggest Loser winner. People are so silly sometimes.

You;re looking great, don't let their silence get you down!