What did you notice change first?

Options
As I was changing out of my work clothes this evening, I glanced in the mirror. There's definitely something different about the way my body looks... but I can't quite place my finger on what it is.

Have you ever experienced something similar? What was the first thing you noticed change about your physical appearance?

Replies

• samlovestigger2
    Options
    Yes. I have those moments every few weeks. I take a pic every month so I can look back and see the differences because I cant place my finger on what it is that changed. The first thing I noticed was my collarbone was noticeable again and then my bra size went down.
  • christianadivine
    christianadivine Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The first thing for me was my face followed by my collarbones becoming more apparent and my bra size decreasing. The thing that's tough is everyone loses weight differently depending on their body shape, so results may vary. :P
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My gut stopped rubbing against the steering wheel when I was driving to work one day! :)
  • gogidget
    gogidget Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    After the first month, I noticed more inches lost in hips and thighs vs. pounds lost...but that's OK, I'll take it! Then the face, and most recently bra size...went down a cup size:blushing:
  • Squeezie88
    Squeezie88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I didn't think my exercising and eating better were working for me, until I was dressing for work on Thursday (just gone) and my shorts were so loose I had to keep pulling them up :)
  • annemw82
    annemw82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    first thing I noticed was my collarbone being visible again. Then I felt like nothing was really happening until one day I looked in a full length mirror and suddenly I had a defined waist instead of the lumpy mess hanging over my pants i had grown used to. that was a very good day!
  • LilRedPitViper
    Options
    Evidently I never actually looked in the mirror - I just CAN'T figure out what the difference is. I just know it's there.

It may be my collarbone/neck area. I need to dig out some old photos. My Dad says he noticed my legs were thinner the last time he saw me a few weeks ago. I guess it's true when they say it takes longer to notice changes yourself since you see yourself every day!
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I put on my wokout pants to go to the gym today and they were loose on my thighs!
  • giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    Options
    where i was locking my belt in had changed :)
  • mwaid
    mwaid Posts: 19
    Options
    I have always had a big butt, but ever since I started running again two months ago, my butt has toned and lifted! I didn't notice it until my fiancé said something when I told him my bathing suit bottoms fit very loose when I tried it on.
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    First thing I noticed is my lower thigh knee area is really slimming down! Crazy. My double chin is just about gone YAY and my collar bones are starting to peak out!
  • gitrdone2012
    Options
    my face, calves and ankles were the first to lose weight and tone. then a few months later I lost my butt and half my belly fat. now my chest area is getting smaller and more defined. it's still an ongoing work in progress.
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I always stand with my hands on my back, just above my hips. The first thing i noticed is that area feels smaller and less rolly.

I also notice every once in a while that i walk much straighter (shoulders back, chest forward, tightening my abs.).

My clothes sizes have not changed much yet, my waist measurement stubbornly refuses to move, but in general my friends also have noticed that my upper body just looks a bit more 'trim' in an undefined way.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!