brand new and scared

Options
I'm brand new today...and nervous...what if I don't make my goals? What if nobody likes me? What if I give up again?

Replies

• yellow10403
    Options
    Don't be scared :)

This app really makes it easy to log what you eat!

Small changes each day makes a huge difference in the end!

Keep it up!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Everyone feels the same way when they start, and if you don't make your goals, there is always tomorrow to try again. Each time you don't get it exactly right, that is just a chance to learn something and use the new information the next time.
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    smack yourself in the face hard! look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself your gonna do this! good luck!
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    When my kids start in with what if this or that, I always counter with something ridiculous like what if the sky turns lime green with pink polka dots. What if you succeed? What if you end up the healthiest you've ever been? Try those what if's instead.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    There is no room here for fear....replace it with motivation and dedication! You can do this! Best of Luck :smile:
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Love your screen name, BTW!
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You will make your goals, maybe not every time, but most of the time, you will be liked :happy:

You won't give up - mantra - I can do this, I can do this, I can do this :smile:
  • scottieb27
    Options
    You can do this!

Lots of small steps will give you big results :)
  • cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! If you're looking for supportive friends feel free to add me:)
  • gracestupefiante
    gracestupefiante Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    keep your head up. you can do this!
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    When my kids start in with what if this or that, I always counter with something ridiculous like what if the sky turns lime green with pink polka dots. What if you succeed? What if you end up the healthiest you've ever been? Try those what if's instead.

What if you succeed? ...I love this!
  • Tanya8373
    Tanya8373 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have tried EVERY diet out there and MFP has been the best support I have ever found. The food database is incredible and easy to use. I fall off the "wagon" at least once a week but I don't beat myself up about it or give up (as I have done for the past 20 years). I didn't gain all of this excess weight overnight, and I will not lose it overnight. Just try to find some type of exercise that you like and do it! I have always HATED exercise and now have found Crossfit and Kickboxing. I am now addicted to both exercises!!! Best of luck & feel free to add me to your friends list!!
  • corypercy1
    Options
    Dont set you goals to high .. take easy managable steps .. try not to put to much pressure on yourself .

We are all here to support each other ..

Keep the faith
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    There's great support and advice on this site. I've not been on that long myself, and trust me when you see the weight loss challenges some people take on you will be inspired! Feel free to add me if you like, I'm in my 40's too and with much the same goals...
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Don't be skerred. Everyone on here has been really positive and encouraging. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. :)
  • amsaunders0313
    Options
    I've been on three weeks and have loved the encouragement I've gotten! I even got my husband to join! I had a gain my first week but I know I want to make changes for the better and sometimes you have ups and downs. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some encouragement.
  • giadatje
    giadatje Posts: 59
    Options
    Don't be scare! Nobody will judge you here :) I joined 3 weeks ago and the only thing I got back was a lot of encouragement :) Notice that in this 3 weeks I didn't lose an ounce. But I feel better with myself after that I started exercise, and I also received some suggestions on what I might have done wrong, like not eating all my calories.
    Adding friends really helps, so please feel free to add me :)
    Welcome in this big team!!!
  • mainebabe
    mainebabe Posts: 32
    Options
    Thats why you have support here. I too am new here and have the same fears but my desire to better myself is far more stronger than those fears. You will do just fine and anytime you need support feel free to add me.
  • KarensBigAdventure
    Options
    You are not alone, feel free to add me as a friend and I'll give you all the support I can.
  • MIDNIGHTAVENGER
    Options
    in my opinion, being relatively new as well, the only one that I can disappoint is myself. That is pretty scarry because I am really hard on myself. The weight is not falling off like I thought it would, but is is coming off... The other thing I try to keep in mind is that not everybody is built to be thin... I just want to weigh less. As for "no one liking you... I will be your friend. :flowerforyou: