BELIEVING YOU CAN ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS

Options
Don't let anyone tell you you're too old or too out of shape to get yourself healthier & fit. Don't tell yourself that either. I will be 61 years old next month, have a picture in my mind how I want to look, and am getting closer to it every day. My weight loss journey began 5 years ao when I weighed 202 lbs, Now I weigh 136 lbs & am determined to tone my muscles & keep myself as healthy as I can. I also had a total knee replacement done almost two years ago. Nevertheless I went for walks once I was recuperated, walking a little more every day. Now I also workout every day with Slim in 6. My health age is now 13 years younger than my actual age. If I believe I can be healthier, & already proved to myself that I can be & continue to do so, then so can you. All you need to do is believe you can & then go for it..........Carol

Replies

• susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    AMEN! I also started my weight loss journey 5 years ago starting when I was looking at turning 50 & at my top weight of 205! Today I am also 135 pounds! Not bad for having been dignosed with hypothyroid disease since age 19, going through menopause, and sitting behind a desk all day! I need to do some more strength training and time is always an issue, but my primary exericse is walking the dog twice a day! Don't want to hear any excuses!

I've also tuned up my diet to be at least 80% vegan, high green veggie components with lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens first, other veggies second, then beans, nuts & seeds. I've eliminated all added salt from my diet, reduced my processed foods down to condiments, and most grains are only on occasion as are an occasional bit of olive or peanut oil. Sugar and white flour and refined grains such as rice and pasta are OUT! Following Eat To Live has made an incredible difference in my life and how I feel! I only expect to feel & look better as time goes by!
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow! I started out a year ago, looking to be in shape for my 40th birthday which was in November. I 've hit some road blocks thanks to diabetes but reading both of these storiesgives me the inspiration not to give up! I am at 165 now and would like to get to that 135 mark also!