Am i doing this wrong?

Options
I have finished eating for today lol, and for some reason feel ive eaten a lot of food! Ive recordered everything that ive eaten, yet still i have around 200 calories spare? Is this right? When i used to follow weight watchers, i didnt feel like i was eating this much. I have bulked my food out with alot of veg mind, as HATE feeling hungry so maybe that is the reason lol. If anyone can see my food diary etc and my weight and cals per day then please let me know if im doing this right. Thankyou lots x:indifferent:

Replies

• thebigman19
    Options
    weight watchers uses a calculation based on things like Fiber. roughly one point per 100 calories. there are free weight watchers calculators online that you can use to compare your readings. chances are you are doing good if you are eating good things.
  • kjbristol
    kjbristol Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem sometimes. I try to fill the last 200 with a protein shake or a small snack, so my body doesn't go into starvation mode. When I did weight watchers, I did not eat nearly as many fruits and veggies, so I think that is the difference. Chances are, you are eating more but they have way less calories. If you work out alot, a protein smoothie after may be just the trick. Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I see you skipped lunch, though you did have quite a few snacks. My comment would be that you've had an awful lot of sugar and sweet things. Why not add sugar to the list of nutrients you track? My opinion is that MFP sets the sugar level very low, but I think you'd be surprised by the amount of it you've eaten today. If you go to "settings" you can change what you track. If you love sweet things you'd be better off eating more fruit - it has fructose, a form of sugar in it, but it comes wrapped up with fibre and vitamins that are good for you and the sugars are not as concentrated as in Rice Krispie bars and meringue nests and so on.
  • trababes1971
    trababes1971 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem sometimes. I try to fill the last 200 with a protein shake or a small snack, so my body doesn't go into starvation mode. When I did weight watchers, I did not eat nearly as many fruits and veggies, so I think that is the difference. Chances are, you are eating more but they have way less calories. If you work out alot, a protein smoothie after may be just the trick. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Yes i think i am probs eating less calorific foods, i.e a lot of veg and im also not drinking much alcohol (where as before i drank practically every day ..not good i know). I cant believe ive managed to glug some water today lol im quite impressed with myself as i usually struggle but i bought loads of bottles today from the super market ;). xx
  • trababes1971
    trababes1971 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I see you skipped lunch, though you did have quite a few snacks. My comment would be that you've had an awful lot of sugar and sweet things. Why not add sugar to the list of nutrients you track? My opinion is that MFP sets the sugar level very low, but I think you'd be surprised by the amount of it you've eaten today. If you go to "settings" you can change what you track. If you love sweet things you'd be better off eating more fruit - it has fructose, a form of sugar in it, but it comes wrapped up with fibre and vitamins that are good for you and the sugars are not as concentrated as in Rice Krispie bars and meringue nests and so on.

Lol i know i love sugary foods, to be honest i used to eat ALOT of biscuits so i thought meringue nests would be a little more healthy for me with some fruit, because i know if i feel im not treating myself i will get bored if that makes sense? Your right though i probs should replace some of the sugary stuff for more fruit, and yes i skipped lunch, but i think that was because i was too busy working out what to buy from supermarket lol and what i was going to gorge on for tea ha. xx I shall go and look at the settings thing thanks that will probs help me. xx