The Club Soda Question

Options
lolarit
lolarit Posts: 76 Member
I've turned to low sodium club soda as a beer/ pop replacement because of the bubbles but I've noticed that I drink more CS then I do water. I'm wondering if I should try weaning myself off CS and replace it with more water instead?
Any thoughts would be great appreciated.

Replies

• izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i prefer bubbly water to anything else in the world :)... I wouldn't worry about it.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I actually just asked my physical therapist about this, (he is also a dietitian), he said carbonated water is just fine instead of still water, it just isn't as hydrating. So don't drink it while I work out and add a couple cups to my daily intake.
  • snacker127
    snacker127 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love it, stick to the stuff with no sodium.
  • lolarit
    Options
    That's great - I can stop wondering about this! I love the bubbles so much, I'm not sure if I'd be able to give it up!
    This just seemed like a silly thing to go to my doc with.
  • lolarit
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I'm headed to the gym right now and am holding a bottle of the bubbly stuff... I'm going to switch it for proper water!
  • gmctech
    gmctech Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Love CS..... drink it virgin, and also use it as my only mix for all things alcohol... CS and a twist of lemon juice on its own rocks.. just add some alcohol if you want to have a drink...
  • lolarit
    Options
    That's an excellent idea - I can't believe I've never thought of it! I sometimes add a splash of juice to make a sweet fizzy drink. But a splash of something extra would be extra nice!
  • This is so timely, I recently just began replacing my Diet Coke habit with sparkling water to be a little more healthy! You're smart to have figured it out long before me!

You have a couple of options here, I think-- if you're willing to drop $30 or so, you can buy a SodaStream and make your own, with NOTHING in it but what YOU want to add.

I haven't taken that step yet but it makes water SUPER bubbly and awesome. My friends who lived in Europe (where sparkling water is very common) have one and put the bottle they make on the table with dinner.

For now, I'm drinking Perrier or seltzer. I checked the seltzer's label but not the Perrier yet, and the seltzer has nothing but water and bubbles in it. If you live around the Great Lakes, Polar is a good brand! Also, Wegman's lemongrass sparkling water is DELISH. I actually took a bottle to a party a couple of weeks ago and not a single drop of alcohol touched my lips, I was enjoying the water too much!

Incidentally, I'm dreaming of buying a little bottle of rose water to add to my seltzer... it sounds like the most delicious, old ladyish thing in the world.
  • lolarit
    Options
    I've seen SodaStream in shops and was always skeptical but now I'm intrigued! Its funny because there would always be people standing around the display talking about. I like the idea of making my own special fizzy drinks. I always thought they were much more expensive though, closer to $100 which is why I stayed away.

I got hooked a year ago while visiting a friend in Germany. I drank sparking water everywhere because I could... and I haven't looked back!

I go through CS so fast that I just buy generic. Recycling overflowing with cans and bottles. Hmm now I'm thinking about how SodaStream would make my life so much better! The temptation has grown so strong in the last minute!
  • herrytews
    herrytews Posts: 38
    Options
    As part of my diet I have also given up alcohol including beer, and I use club soda as a beer replacement. I pretend its a Budweiser, because Bud has very little taste anyway!

Club soda is a great beer alternative on a hot day. Squirt some real lemon in too. I drink about 5 cans a day.

Yes its water so that's good, and because its fizzy it fills you up. The best thing - its natural and calorie free. Warning: check the sodium level of each manufacturer. Some are high in sodium, some are virtually sodium free. That's important if you drink a lot.