Ummm I dont know if I should continue with 30 Day Shred

Options
124»

Replies

• MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    definitely a difference between pain and soreness - stretch stretch stretch after the work outs. You should, at least, double the hold time of each stretch JM tells you to do and add extra stretching moves also. start on low weights doing the easier moves and build up :) *hugs* You're doing great!
  • krisotis
    krisotis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    what is this? sounds like soemthing i would be interested in trying just to change up my stuff a bit
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    what is this? sounds like soemthing i would be interested in trying just to change up my stuff a bit

30 Day Shred is a workout DVD made by Jillian Michaels (the dark haired woman trainer from Biggest Loser). It has 3 levels, you're supposed to do each level 10 times for a total of 30 workouts. Each workout is less than 30 minutes and in each one you alternate between strength, cardio, and abs.
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I agree with the stretching and taking some Aleve (or whatever your pleasure is) before bed. Add more hot showers, heating pads, or whatever you need to keep going. The program is awesome.

I found out (Thanks MFP message boards!!) that the soreness I was feeling in my knees was because I wasn't stretching my quads enough. I find that the stretches Jillian does after her workouts and Shaun T does after his Insanity workouts don't have enough stretching in general and, specifically for me, the quads and hip flexors.

Solution?

Once you notice an area is giving you grief, search for stretches and moves that will relieve the pain. I tend to head to Youtube first and search for "stretches for _____" and start there.

Of course, 30 DS is not meant to be done for 30 consecutive days, so be sure to take a rest day and give your body a chance to recover.

Best of Luck!!!