Carbs and Calories

Options
TKelly06
TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
Ok, so I have been watching my calories and from what I have been reading carbs are important as well. Is it a good thing that at the end of the day with only eating around 1550 calories that I have anywhere between 25 and 100 carbs left? MFP tells me to eat 1750 calories but I always only eat 1550 at the most and that also includes the days that I exercise. I need to know if i'm doing something wrong...Thanks.

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Your body needs carbs to burn, so you shouldn't have 100 carbs left at the end of the day. Some is fine. If you're eating 1550 on purpose, then just manually change your setting to that and try to eat all the different types of cals. When you plateau, you may need to increase your eating on exercise days so that you don't go into starvation mode. Because you still have quite a bit of weight to lose, you might get away with eating under 1200 net calories for a bit, but eventually you will stop losing weight as your body goes into starvation mode. THe important number is net calories which is all cals eaten minus exercise cals, that needs to be above 1200.
  • jude716
    jude716 Posts: 11
    Options
    Given the weight you've already lost, sounds like you're doing a lot right. Find what works for you and stick with it. Although, adjusting your calorie intake on high exercise days makes sense, to avoid that starvation effect (and tipping over too). :tongue:
  • jude716
    jude716 Posts: 11
    Options
    P.S. Love the cats.
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyones input.

Yeah I was lucky on that pic.