"Banish Fat Boost Metabolism" DVD

Options
swarla
swarla Posts: 105 Member
I am planning to start this soon. It looks tough so I'm a little scared. Has anyone tried it and can you tell me your experience with it?

Also, how do you log it?

Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• rockchic9382
    Options
    If you're not that in shape yet it will be tough. I've been working out now for almost 3 year, more intensly the past year or so and I even have to stop for a 2 minute break and get some water sometimes. It's a great workout though!! it's 42 minutes of straight cardio, so you definitely feel it by the end. But I love it!! I usually log it as high intensity aerobics as I couldn't find a better category for it. Not totally sure how accurate that is but I igure it has to pretty close. Hope this helps!! :)
    p.s. if you like this one try the No More Trouble Zones DVD. This is a mixture of cardio, strength and toning exercises with light weights. It's also a great one!! I would maybe log that one as circuit training.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    It is a nice workout, lots of jump training and traditional calisthetics. Don't be shy when it comes to hitting the pause button to catch your breath and sip some water. Just be sure to keep going back to hit play until you're done!

Are you doing any strength and/or circuit training?

As for logging, 55-60 minutes of general aerobics is about right.
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm planning on doing it later today, so hopefully I don't pass out right in the middle of it. I guess now I won't feel so bad about hitting that pause button a couple of times. :happy:

The only circuit training I'm doing is the 30 Day Shred. I'm about ready to move on to level 2.
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    :smile: i wish you luck. that dvd almost did me in.
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I tried it along with the 30 day shred. It really gets you pumping! Major cardio workout. Today I did the No More Trouble Zones. It was not as intense, but burned more "fat" percentage even though it was less calorie burn. Both are good programs. Still doing the 30 day shred with each of these. It takes about 1 1/2 hour to complete both of them on the same day. I'm trying to burn 400 to 500 calories per day so I need more than one routine.

I'm older and it takes a lot of exercise to get my metabolism going!
  • shutter_bug7783
    Options
    I started with Jillian's "30 Day Shred" and enjoyed it so much that I went out and bought all her DVDs. The "Banish Fat" and "No More Trouble Zones" are my favorites because they're roughly an hour long in length. And I'm able to burn anywhere from 430 - 520 calories, depending on how I push myself during the workout. The "30 Day Shred" is just 20 minutes. Still a butt-kicking 20 mins, but I like the longer length of the others.

Like ghanie mentioned, it's a lot of jumping and old fashioned calisthenics. I'm not sure how many times I've done it, but I've done it enough to know what moves come next. I still can't quite do all the moves without stopping to catch my breath either. I have gotten MUCH better at it since first starting, but if I do have to stop I still keep my body going. Even if I just lightly jog in place.

Good luck with this DVD. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. And I highly recommend the "No More Trouble Zones" as another one to try.