Relay for Life

Options
I am on phase 2 of the South Beach diet, slowly stepping into phase 3. I will be participating in Relay for Life (18-hours of walking, dancing, and working a snack booth). Any advice as to what sort of food I should bring with me? At the moment I am eating 2 servings of whole grains, 2 servings of fruit, 1 serving of dairy, with veggies and lean protein unlimited. Should I stick to my allowed amount of each food group and pack lean meat, nuts and green veggies or would it be best if I added on an extra serving of each?
Any advice is appreciated, as I will be packing my cooler accordingly : )
Melissa

Replies

• genuinelyfrans
    Options
    Hey, first of all, kudos to you for doing the Relay for Life because it is for such a worthy cause :) I participated in it last year in honor of my aunt (she is a breast cancer survivor). Some snacks that I would recommend include nuts (almonds, peanuts, etc...), Quaker rice snacks (definitely cheddar cheese flavored), and some strawberries (definitely bring cool whip because it is a great dip for the strawberries and it had a small amount of calories). Have fun at the relay!
  • missmelissavpk
    missmelissavpk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thankyou for the advice. i will keep it in mind!