Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Heart rate monitor

I'm looking to get a heart rate monitor that will tell me how many calories I am burning. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    I am wondering the same thing. I was wondering if anyone can recommend one that isn't too expensive but works great?
  • FitterGill
    FitterGill Posts: 25 Member
    I just bought a used Polar monitor on eBay for £40
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Stay away from Timex for calories. I've heard Polar is the way to go.
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    after hesistating over getting one of these for over a year, i finally got over myself and bought a polar ft4. I love it, and I think you'll find that a lot of others will advocate the polar range (there's plenty of other threads on this).
  • I have the Polar PT4 and LOVE it. It is a basic heart rate monitor and calorie counter with a strap but it is amazing. I have used it for everything from running to cardio dvd's and even swimming. You can get it on Amazon for right around $70 http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Purple/dp/B005M1P85O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335210335&sr=8-1
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Polar FT4 a good low to mid range HRM gives calories burned max HR ave HR and records up to 10 days of workouts
  • btb079
    btb079 Posts: 56 Member
    I love my polar!! We have the FT7 and it is great. About $80 each, but very worth it IMO.
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Thanks everyone! :love:
  • mecmic
    mecmic Posts: 45
    I have the Polar wearlink , but first I would recommend investing in an Ipod Nano with the Nike+ sensor and receiver package. You can use this for your runs. This will give you spoken feed back with your current distance pace and if linked with a heart rate monitor it gives you that as well . You also have an option to set power songs to get you through those tough workouts. You can use this in many activities not just running. Even cooler is the ability to see a graph of your run on Nike's website.
    After a run plug your ipod nano into itunes and all your workout info is sent straight to nike's website. Really keeps you motivated.

Hope this helps !

Ipod Nano- 150
    sensor package - $30
    polar wear link heart rate monitor- $100
    sensor pouch(if not using nike + sneakers) $5 ebay