LOOKING FOR MOTIVATION & FRIENDS :)

ok a little about me :):) Hi Im not really new… I have had this account for sometime, I do consider myself new because I am finally utilizing this site and taking active steps to reaching my goals!! I am 23 years old and a mother to a 2 year old… I have always been a thicker girl, never really “fat’ until I became pregnant. I was big as a house!! But I was happy :) My son’s father passed away recently, and with that loss I spun into a deep depression… I went down about 60 or 70 lbs.. i could not eat or sleep. I was very slim.. I have been in therapy for sometime and of course my eating habits went from non existent to there; the thing is I had been placed on an anti-depressant that caused me to eat like there was no tommorrow. So I shot back up to the 200’s and 230 is the highest I’ve been since my loss. I have discontinued my meds and take it day by day.. I am more spiritual and I am staying strong for me and my beautiful son. I might even put a pic of him on here if I become more comfortable w. the site, & feel thats not too personal… I am working on a better me and if any of you have experienced a loss you would know you never really get over it, and its very hard being a single mother. But not impossible! I am on a self-love journey and taking active steps to reach a point in my life where I can enjoy “peace of mind” and have the the mindset of those who truly have “no regrets”. I STRIVE to find that happiness one day…

Well thank u for reading lol! If you read this much about me and if you would like to travel with me on my weight loss journey please do send a request! We can feed off of each other and I am looking for the support of others so we can do this together :) thanx!

Replies

• jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    I am so sorry for the loss of your child's father. That is so incredibly sad. I think you are a strong woman who has found the power to wake up everyday and make the best of it. Your baby needs the best mother he can have. Getting healthy is a wonderful start.
  • jennifer783
    jennifer783 Posts: 86 Member
    First off, just want to say how AMAZING an inspiration you are for your son! Good luck on your journey!! You can add me if you like :smile:
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    ok a little about me :):) Hi Im not really new… I have had this account for sometime, I do consider myself new because I am finally utilizing this site and taking active steps to reaching my goals!! I am 23 years old and a mother to a 2 year old… I have always been a thicker girl, never really “fat’ until I became pregnant. I was big as a house!! But I was happy :) My son’s father passed away recently, and with that loss I spun into a deep depression… I went down about 60 or 70 lbs.. i could not eat or sleep. I was very slim.. I have been in therapy for sometime and of course my eating habits went from non existent to there; the thing is I had been placed on an anti-depressant that caused me to eat like there was no tommorrow. So I shot back up to the 200’s and 230 is the highest I’ve been since my loss. I have discontinued my meds and take it day by day.. I am more spiritual and I am staying strong for me and my beautiful son. I might even put a pic of him on here if I become more comfortable w. the site, & feel thats not too personal… I am working on a better me and if any of you have experienced a loss you would know you never really get over it, and its very hard being a single mother. But not impossible! I am on a self-love journey and taking active steps to reach a point in my life where I can enjoy “peace of mind” and have the the mindset of those who truly have “no regrets”. I STRIVE to find that happiness one day…

Well thank u for reading lol! If you read this much about me and if you would like to travel with me on my weight loss journey please do send a request! We can feed off of each other and I am looking for the support of others so we can do this together :) thanx!

Your story completely breaks my heart, hugs to you and your son. Your story hits very close to home and I know the pain you have/are going through. I too lost my first husband and father of my first child at a little older than you are now.......24. Please feel free to add me.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    I think you are way stronger than you realize and I'd love to be your "friend" and witness your self-discovery~!
  • AthenaDelce
    AthenaDelce Posts: 5 Member
    I think this is so cool. I am looking for friends that I can be accountable to. I am 60+ pounds over weight. I get half way to my goal then I gain them all back. The people around me love me the way that I am, but I want to be healthy. My husband loves me just the way I am, but we are going to start having a family this summer. I do not want to add weight to my already 216 lb body.

I was a size 6 when my grandmother passed 21 years ago. After her death, I had to change school and the weight came on. I went from a size 9 at that point to a size 16. My first day back at school in the 8th grade, a girl yelled in front of everyone, "Athena, you got fat".

My weakness is sweets and I do not know how that came about. I guess it was already there, but I want to be healthy- no more big girl.
  • karmelkutie310
    karmelkutie310 Posts: 50 Member
    Thanx!
  • karmelkutie310
    i will !
  • karmelkutie310
    Your story completely breaks my heart, hugs to you and your son. Your story hits very close to home and I know the pain you have/are going through. I too lost my first husband and father of my first child at a little older than you are now.......24. Please feel free to add me.
    thank you for your kind words and yes it is difficult at times… things will never be the same but I am reinventing myself and it gets better day by day thank you
  • victoriasnow
    victoriasnow Posts: 111 Member
    i am so sorry for your loss... i cannot imagine what you have gone through. if you want to add me as a friend, you are more than welcome!! i am a pretty good motivator & a great listener if you ever need someone to talk to. :)
  • crazysexykoo
    crazysexykoo Posts: 129 Member
    continue to stay strong...God Bless you!