Whey

Options
Is anyone currently using whey protein? Any experiences? Any suggestions? Is whey protein a waste of time and money?

Replies

• indianagranny
    Options
    Would like to read the replies you get to this? Thanks for posting the question
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I use whey in the form of protein shakes. I have trouble getting the amount of protein I need...and protein shakes are a good recovery drink from a work out.
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have just been told to use it and I am getting good results. My weight had not been going down much for several weeks and a trainer told me to increase calories with Whey Protein. Now my weight has started to drop again.:happy: I also feel better after working out.

Whey is a quick-digesting protein that supplies your muscles with theh critical amino acids,includingBCAA's necessary not only for maximizing muscle recovery and growth but also for fuel during traing so the body doesn't have to break down existing muscle protein.

Not only is a good whey protein a convenient high quality source of protein, whey is the only complete protein that is also alkalinein nature. It also containsa blend of microfractions that support immunity and have antiviral properties.

Recommended brands:
    Progressive Nutritional Therapies
    Precision ISO Pro Low Carb
    Species Isolyze
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My husband is a certified personal trainer and advises all his clients to use Whey protein to help build muscle, improve athletic performance and reduce body fat while at the same time increasing lean muscle mass when taken as a part of a healthly excerise program. I can speak for myself that Whey protein shakes have helped me so much. I have lost 89 pounds and have 37 more to go!! I use it in place of a meal or snack...this is my favorite recipe: 2 scoops Whey protein powder, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries and 1 cup almond milk. I hope this helps you...YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • Tamrahan
    Tamrahan Posts: 29
    Options
    I drink smoothies made with Whey protien (Optimum Nutrition is what I'm using now) throw in some fruits, oatmeal, milk, milled flax seed, natural peanutbutter or whatever-for a delicious, nutritious breakfast with some leftover for a snack later in the day.
    I also use Ricotta cheese in my omlettes.
  • factorfox
    factorfox Posts: 4
    Options
    What is almond milk and where would I get it from?
  • factorfox
    factorfox Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow, I am completely impressed by the replies so far, I won't even think of stopping my Whey use now, Thanx so much, keep em coming
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    almond milk is milk made from almonds. I use Almond Breeze and get it at the grocery store. You can get it sweetened or unsweetened and it also comes in vanilla and chocolate flavours
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I just brought me some whey, haven't used it much but I do like it. I just don't know how to get the best benifit of it. Do you used it to replace a meal? Or just a snack?
    Marie
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Tag for later!

...good info! I'm thinking about starting some whey protein stuff (my protein is pretty low and my fats & carbs are pretty high, so I'm thinking about adding in some more protein!!!)...

:flowerforyou:
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Whey protein is an excellent source of protein that cuts out the carbs (for the most part), fats and hits your system quickly (whereas casein, another protein, is more of a timed release type of protein).

Whey is excellent for a meal replacement type of shake and a great way to take in extra calories/protein when your program calls for the extras and you just can't hack eating all of that whole food.

I'm not a lady but I swear by the stuff. :flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I like my protein shakes within 30 minutes of a good workout, especially strength training.