New Rules of Lifting vs. New Rules of Lifting for Women

Options
I am planning on starting NROL this week I just got off of a 10-week bootcamp program and am wanting to keep up with the strength training at the same intensity. I got great results and I add muscle pretty quickly so I'm excited to start a new plan.

My question is, my library didn't have NROL for Women so I got the regular NROL. How different are they? I mean, I can't imagine they are that different in principle. I'm a little intimidated by the squat rack but I know I can do a squat with a barbell on my shoulders, even if it is just an empty bar at first. In my bootcamp class men and women were treated the same so I can't figure out why it'd be much different. Is it more of just a gimmick to get women to buy a weightlifting book?

I'd appreciate any opinions you can offer. I will gladly buy the female version of the book if it's necessary but I'd rather save the $12 otherwise. Thanks!

Replies

• Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have the book and I am in the process of reading it, but I have not started the actual training and I am no ways an expert. With that said, so far everything the author has said basically is there is not any difference in how men and women should lift. If you have already been strenght training then you are already a step ahead of the game! Good luck!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the movements are a bit different, but both are good. the movements in the 4W version are sometimes a bit more intricate than in NROL (for instance the reverse lunge with forward reach :laugh: )

also dont be intimidated by the squat rack. eventually you're going to get to the point where you're going to need it to get that barbell on your shoulder. it just wants to be your friend :smile: