your opinion please?

sean93
sean93 Posts: 109
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
would you say 13 stone is big for a male at 5'8???

Replies

• jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    what is 13 stone??
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    what is 13 stone??

I wanna know to? Ive heard it but dont know exactly what it is?
  • sean93
    sean93 Posts: 109
    13 stone is weight it = 182 lb
  • A stone is a metric weight. One stone equals 14 pounds. Therefore if a person weighs 13 stone that would be equal to 182 pounds.
  • my personal opinion is that it is fine, but it depends on how you feel.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    would you say 13 stone is big for a male at 5'8???

Well, that kind of depends... are you 13 stone of fat and squishyness or 13 stone of lean muscle? Your weight is on the high side for someone your height, but that's only one number that is used to determine if your weight is healthy for you. If you feel big, then maybe drop a stone... if you don't feel big, then maybe you aren't.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    That is hard to answer. I don't know how much body fat you have verses how much muscle you have. We all carry our weight differently.
    I've been the same weight as my sister but because I exercise I am more toned and look smaller. So the scale can be deceiving.
    You will need to decide if you are carrying more fat than what is healthy for you. If you are you can work towards changing that.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    that depends, how tall are you? what is you body fat percentage?
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    My husband who is 6'2" and a big framed guy was told by the doctor to lose 60 pounds and get down to 180. I think that's insanely small for his height...40 pound loss needed, but 180 at 6'2" !?!?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    My husband who is 6'2" and a big framed guy was told by the doctor to lose 60 pounds and get down to 180. I think that's insanely small for his height...40 pound loss needed, but 180 at 6'2" !?!?

wow, really? My fiance is 5'8" and currently weighs about 155. I have seen him as heavy as 175 though, and NOT fat, very muscular. Weight is not always an accurate form of measurement. If he's got an especially high body fat percentage he may need to lose fat.... but to say he needs to be 180 seems pretty wrong to me.
This discussion has been closed.