Anyone ever fall while running??

Options

Replies

• TheChosenOne_
    Options
    lol i haven't but my grandma..did
    She was running, she pressed the 9mph button instead of off button and damn..she fell and slammed into the wall..
    Their was a HUGE hole in the wall..MAHAHAHA...my grandma had some bruise and cuts..lol
  • ChelleMarley
    ChelleMarley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was trying to be healthy and used the stairs at work. I fell UP the stairs and tore the hell out of my knee, Had to file an incident report. So embarrassing.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    YES! I have TOOOTALLY bitten the dust running. A couple of times. I'm kind of pokey and I have to keep myself from dragging my toes. It's better now, but it still sucked. Once was so bad I made my boyfriend take me to the ER (I really slammed my kneecap and was bleeding...it hurt so bad). Another time I cut my knee and palm up so bad I had to hobble home. I always seem to fall on broken asphalt! Not a good time!!
    My pride was hurt each time. It is so embarrassing! :flowerforyou:
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I fell on a gravel running track when i was about 12, scarred up my knees, missed out on my race while up in the hospital getting the gravel flushed out of the wounds and bandaged. Went back to the grounds and competed in my High Jump and got second place :happy:

Still got the Scars from it, found out later that they should have put stitches in, but they just left it to heal and scar.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    don't feel bad, I fall when walking across the room due to my disability, it is embarrassing still:(
  • aulove
    aulove Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm quite possibly the clumsiest person in the world. I fall and trip over air just walking through a room, so it stands to reason I have fallen during a run. But surprisingly it's only happened once. I was running on the sidewalk due to construction in a particular area; there was a slight step down from the sidewalk to the grass, and of course I managed to drop my foot on the edge causing my ankle to roll. I scraped up my palms, but thankfully no other injury resulted. After a couple choice curse words, I was back on my feet running. I did quickly glance around to see if I had an audience; luckily it was early in the day when most people are working. As far as I know, my lovely fall went unnoticed.
  • luv2skee
    luv2skee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have fallen three times, two with serious injuries. 18 months ago I fell and landed on my head resulting in a concussion. I am not even sure what happened as I blacked out. Long recover. This week I fell and broke my humerus. I am a 54 year old female. It may be time to give it up . My son thinks I need to add strength training.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've fallen never really bad but my most memorable fall was running on an old abandoned railroad grade. I tripped over something and stumbled along for about 5 steps then suddenly veered towards the edge and the several foot fall down into the thorns and rocks at the bottom. I had to make myself go down in the old oily gravel. cut up both palms of my hands and my knee. I just got back up and kept on running as a matter of fact that run was my fastest pace run for a couple months so something about that fall must have pushed me to try harder.

• Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Ke22yB wrote: »
    I guess if you run you fall at some time

My fall was this spring while training for a half marathon. I remember that my first three thoughts were, in order:

1. Did I break my glasses?
    2. Did I break my Garmin watch?
    3. Did I hit my head.
  • hokiemom14
    hokiemom14 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'll have to come back to this one to make you feel better. Short story is yes, I've fallen twice. Both when I was by myself and both on very busy roads and both resulted in a lot of blood lol.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    yep. a dog lunged at mine and he lunged back and i went down hard. twisted my knee and my ankle and it kept me from running for about 3 weeks. luckily i was close to the house. unluckily i was "the girl who fell" to my neighborhood for a few months and got asked about it regularly. the other dog owner had a big mouth and seemed to have told everyone in a 2 mile radius. her husband walks the dogs now as he has better control of them but i still slow down if i see them and make sure that we give them a wide berth.
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yup happened to me. Tripped getting back up on the curb after getting off to let someone with a dog have the sidewalk who was coming towards me. Fell so hard I hit my head on the ground. Gave up running for two years after that. Finally got back to it recently.

Btw I am so sorry to read of everyone's running injuries but I have to say you all have made me feel better. I seriously felt like such an idiot when it happened to me.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    On a long, high altitude hike, I tripped over a little rock, fell on my face and broke my glasses. I am forever falling but I'm getting good at not injuring myself. :D
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I will take a short run with my 3 year chocolate lab about once a week, not too long ago she just decided to freak out when we approached a big green garbage can in the street (it was garbage day) and as I did not notice a thing... she stopped in her tracks and well I went right over her head first into the big green garbage can.. made a huge *kitten* out of myself in front of my neighbors.. good times.. :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    If you run- at some point- you'll fall. That's an unfortunate side effect of running or walking. LOL

You are not alone- as you can see here!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I cannot think of a time when I have fallen on a run, which means, now that I have said that, this thread has jinxed me and it is bound to happen some time in the next few days!
    Thanks a lot, people.....
  • kristinann308
    kristinann308 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Totally...it happens to the best of us :-) I have tripped and fallen at least two times.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Not fallen yet, but during a recent road race the kid in front of me suddenly stopped to tie his shoelace. I somehow managed to leapfrog him and got a high-five from a couple of spectators. As I went past, I heard his mom yelling at him to move to the sidewalk next time his shoelace came undone.
  • drivennightrunner87
    Options
    Haha, I kinda love this thread....and YES /:
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah. It's not even a good story. I don't know what went wrong - there was no dog, no pothole, nothing slippery, no obstruction or explanation. Just tripped over my own feet and went down.