Dizzy!!!

Is there something wrong with me? :sad:

I jog/run/walk on the treadmill.

I walk between 2.5 and 4.0 MPH.

I jog from 4.1 to like 6.3 MPH and then run between that up to 7.5 MPH for a little while.

As soon as the treadmill stops no matter how fast I go I feel like I'm about to pass out. :frown:

I can't walk straight, the room spins... Is it just me? :ohwell:

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    What is your NET number of calories for a day (and what does MFP say you should be eating? If you're eating AS MUCH as you should and eating enough carbs, I'd say: talk to a doc. It could be that you're out of shape. It could be that you need more (slow) carbs. It could be anything...
  • Well, I'm no expert, but I can say I've had the same experience. Do you have low blood pressure or sugar? I have both, but not by much. Also, are you hydrating properly?? And make sure you have eaten (but wait at least 1 hr. before you exercise!) that morning. If that's not enough, maybe try doing it in intervals, and slow down if you can. Other than that put your head between your knees and breathe!!! :D
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    That happens to me when I'm under-fueled. I have a weird eating pattern right now because were on a short staff for the next week or two. I eat about 11:00 and then I don''t eat again until after my workout. I know it's not good to go that long without re-fueling, and that light-headed feeling is a reminder that I'm putting my metabolism under stress. When I have a protein shake (I make mine about 400-600 calories, depending) I feel better. I should probably have the shake before I work out!

Wups! Edited to say my workout is at 5:30pm and lasts till 6:30pm or beyond...
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Hmmmm. These are great suggestions. I am fueling though and my net calories I think are like 1370 or something close to that. and then I burn between 500 and 1300 calories. <<<<<<I know that's bad but I get really bored and never want to leave the gym.

Its been like that my whole life though. Even when i was younger and ran my fastest mile which was about 6or7 minutes(i was like 9) anyway, I couldn't go to the gym with my dad cuz I get ridiculously dizzy from the treadmill.... I also ate like a cow back then so I had lots of fuel.

Should i just give myself some more time to get accustomed to it? That protein shake sounds like a great idea.
  • LiteBrite007
    I also drink about 13 cups of water a day and some more when I am on the treadmill.... Why do i always have to be the special one? :grumble:
  • LiteBrite007
    I have no stamina for running but i can hold both plank and basic plank for more than five minutes. Strength wise i am pretty great i just can't run anywhere to save my life.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Vertigo. I can run 10 miles outdoor without issue. 3 miles on a treadmill and the world spins as soon as I stop. I'm super prone to inner ear infections and I think the TM movement just messes with my ears. It's kind of like getting off a boat or elevator and feeling like you're still in motion. My sister has the same problem.
  • LiteBrite007
    Oh THAT MAKES SINCE!!! I do have vertigo. When trains pass me I nearly faint. When I'm in a high rise and I look out the window I almost faint,... actually I did faint... and my head hit the glass. it was terrible.

Anyway! Thank you so much. Guess I will have to just try to jog outside. Thanks! :smile:
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Oh THAT MAKES SINCE!!! I do have vertigo. When trains pass me I nearly faint. When I'm in a high rise and I look out the window I almost faint,... actually I did faint... and my head hit the glass. it was terrible.

Oh no...you have it bad! I never had issues until maybe 15 years ago. I woke with one bad inner ear infection out of the blue. I was stumbling around and every time I moved my head the world would spin (my mom was so funny...when I told her I was queasy she was all hopeful that I was preggers). I was sick for about 24 hours. No way could I drive. I think it's related to my allergies, most likely.

Dramamine II (meclizine) can really help. Fortunately I've never had acute symptoms last much more than maybe 36 hours. I can't read in a moving car anymore, unfortunately.
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Vertigo. I can run 10 miles outdoor without issue. 3 miles on a treadmill and the world spins as soon as I stop. I'm super prone to inner ear infections and I think the TM movement just messes with my ears. It's kind of like getting off a boat or elevator and feeling like you're still in motion. My sister has the same problem.

^^ This - I have the same problem. Ear infections are a common cause.