what to eat after workout?

Options
What do young women who need to loose 20 lbs eat after workouts? I usualy get the munchies?

Replies

• blackbeltfairy
    Options
    I was working with a trainer for a while, and he said that a protein bar within half an hour after finishing your workout is the best. It gives you longer-lasting energy than something sugary or starchy will.

He also suggested eating a piece of fruit right beforehand. It keeps your energy level from crashing while you work out.
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    I usually eat yogurt with whole grain crackers or cereal. They say to drink milk or have some protein.

cindy
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to do a protein bar or shake. That's what my workout coach told me to do. I use the Muscle Milk strawberry milkshake powder. I do one scoop with one cup 1/2% milk and a cup of frozen strawberries in the blender. It's like a smoothie!!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to do a protein bar or shake. That's what my workout coach told me to do. I use the Muscle Milk strawberry milkshake powder. I do one scoop with one cup 1/2% milk and a cup of frozen strawberries in the blender. It's like a smoothie!!

Muscle milk IS good! I drink an EAS carb advantage protein shake. It has 110 calories, 17g of protein and no sugar! Very yummy too!
  • ShawnaLynn
    ShawnaLynn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Protein and COMPLEX carbs....eat whole foods!!! Protein bars are not going to get you too far, they are usually packed w sugar.

-Protein Shake + fruit
    -string cheese+ apple
    -yogurt + fruit