yo-yo dieter since 1974 (off and on) loving this site

Options
Hi everybody--I am 52, a mother of 2 and I was naturally slim most of my life until my second child at 34. The struggle started around that time and I swear, on my 40th birthday, my metabolism slowed by half. I like how sensible this idea is, how private it can be or how social it can be. I am always the most inspired by before and after photos and by stories of how serious, even life-threatening health problems are CURED by weight loss and exercise. Good luck to you all and here's to feeling great!

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I am a 48 yr. old woman. I do not have any children due to being obese all my life. I have finally taken control of my life and am trying to get healthy. I have all those illnesses related to obesity. I have lost 90 lbs. since September but have another 64 lbs. to lose. This site is great and everyone is so supportive. Feel free to add me.
  • louellenlehman
    Options
    How do I add you? I am an utter newbie on here
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Me too. I'll add you.
  • MeRoBi
    MeRoBi Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Mom of three teens, happy to have some additional support...it does get harder as we get older, doesn't it? I'm adding you as a friend. How to do it...If you click on a person's name, it will ask if you want to be friends with that person. MFP will send you a message saying that "MeRoBi" has sent you a friend request. If you click on that link, you can add a friend.