Eating too much :-(

Options
So i've noticed something within the last few weeks. Although i have changed my eating habits for the better in terms of eliminating fried foods and sweets, i've noticed that i'm eating too much healthy food and going over my calorie limit. Does anyone else have this problem? I eat snacks throughout the day but i'm still hungry later on. Are there any secrets to getting full faster or something lol

Replies

• Mizzou91
    Mizzou91 Posts: 249
    Options
    So i've noticed something within the last few weeks. Although i have changed my eating habits for the better in terms of eliminating fried foods and sweets, i've noticed that i'm eating too much healthy food and going over my calorie limit. Does anyone else have this problem? I eat snacks throughout the day but i'm still hungry later on. Are there any secrets to getting full faster or something lol

Try to focus on foods that keep you full longer. Lots of protein.
  • Cbuck
    Cbuck Posts: 1
    Options
    Well you can try eating different "healthy" snacks. Choosing things that are high in fiber will definitely fill you up and keep you full for a longer period of time. Also, try eating 5 small meals a day. Make sure you breakfast is the largest and has a lot of fiber in it. Try snacks like nuts, apples, certain granola bars, and always always always drink lots of water!
  • NetteH13
    NetteH13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Choose other options. Fiber is gonna be your best friend. Fiber and water. But never let yourself go hungry.
  • metzlerjn
    metzlerjn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem! i feel like when i eat healthy foods i just keep getting hungrier and hungrier. i find that sandwiches (tuna, chicken, pbj), refried beans, brown rice, and whole grain pasta satisfy me the most.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Proper macronutrients should fix this issue.

30% Protein and Fats each.

On lifting days drop fats for starchy carbs.
    On rest days drop carbs a bit and up fats.
    Protein stays the same.

Carbs on rest days, think green.
    Carbs on lifting days, think white.

=D
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Do you work out? I know, depending what I do for workout and how long, that I'm more or less hungrier on different days. I personally find Apples filling to help hold me over longer than other snacks.
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    try eating a good protein with your complex carbs. and making sure you do get a little bit of healthy fat in. this combination will help you feel fuller longer
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Oh Yes! I eat extremely healthy, have cut out all fried, fast, processed food, etc. Just rarely get that full feeling and find it hard to stop eating. Try to compensate by choosing lots of fiber/vegetables & water & protein & keep busy.
  • abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water and I sometimes brush my teeth as a little trick to make me less anxious about eating more or whenever it's not time to eat. I guess I trick my palate and my brain that way...
  • bmarq21
    bmarq21 Posts: 45
    Options
    thanks everyone!! i actually eat the special k crisp with a fruit a snack mostly throughout the day but it doesnt last very long. Are there any other snacks you guys would suggest? all suggestions are more than welcome! i want to lose this weight before summer!! lol