costco sampling

Options
I just got home from costco and I think we need a calorie counter for going to costco and eating all the samples LOL :laugh:
But the lady in front of my comented on how wealthy my basket looked. So that made me feel better.

But really wanted to let you know that the fat free frozen yogurt they have in the snack bar is
390 calories:sad:sad: so be careful

Replies

• garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    I just got home from costco and I think we need a calorie counter for going to costco and eating all the samples LOL :laugh:
    But the lady in front of my comented on how wealthy my basket looked. So that made me feel better.

But really wanted to let you know that the fat free frozen yogurt they have in the snack bar is
    390 calories:sad:sad: so be careful
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    My basket was "wealthy" today too - almost $100. :laugh: Couldn't help myself, sorry. There's a store here in Texas called Central Market - you can eat lunch there on weekends if you browse all the samples!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I love the samples at costco.:heart: I also used to work in the food court there. I had no idea that the yogurt had that many cals. :ohwell: That was 10 years ago, so I wasn't paying attention to cals back then. Thanks for the post, now I know no more of that yogurt. Heidi:flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Speaking of Costco...I plan to go tomorrow...can u tell me any healthy stuff you pick up there
    I'm looking for the Kashi waffles and anything else I can stock up on

Thanks, kim
  • garimac
    Options
    If yours has it, get the fresh mango pico de gallo.
    Its only 15 calories for 2 tablespoons and is great heated and but on grilled chicken breast or fish.
  • garimac
    Options
    Oh and another great thing to get at castso is the fish.
    the have salmon and halibut if the frezzer and each piece is in its own little bag.
    So you can just pull out how many pieces you need,
  • williamsknollfarm
    Options
    Yes, I too wondered how many calories the half of a cheese stick I sampled at costco had in it...

What I buy at Costco:

Natures Path Organic Flax Plus Waffles (I liked the ingrediants better than the Kashi ones - very tasty- also Flax they say is great for breast health...)

Organic Spring Greens Garden Salad mix

Mushroom Medley (dried wild mushrooms - high in B vitamins & low in cals)

Organic Harvest Medley Rice Pilaf

They have these really great flour tortillas made with awesome ingredients that you cook before you use them for fahitas or wraps etc... Nothing artificial and you can actually read and understand the ingredients...and the best tortillas you will ever taste...

I also buy there Brown rice and also picked up a bag of the Jasmine rice as well.

And they also have boneless skinless chicken breasts that they have in packages of 2 in 3 packages and -3 in the other packages (6 total)

They also have great large bags of brocolli and baby brussel sprouts which are both very good steamed with a little garlic salt. I also buy there large bags of frozen organic green beans which are easy to just poor off a few and put back in the freezer....

Obviously I'm a Costco junky...I also bought my Ironman Elliptical there :-)
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My basket was "wealthy" today too - almost $100. :laugh: Couldn't help myself, sorry. There's a store here in Texas called Central Market - you can eat lunch there on weekends if you browse all the samples!
    Are you from San Antonio??? I thought that was only in SA? Hmmmmm. That's a huge store.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recs...def check out the tortillas...looking for something with bare bones ing

Kim
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    Are you from San Antonio??? I thought that was only in SA? Hmmmmm. That's a huge store.

Central Market is an HEB owned store. They are all over the central and south texas region. Much more reasonable than Whole Foods...
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Hi

Speaking of Costco...I plan to go tomorrow...can u tell me any healthy stuff you pick up there
    I'm looking for the Kashi waffles and anything else I can stock up on

Thanks, kim

At my Costco they have something called Sensible Crisps, chedder flavor....I love them, and you can eat 18 of them for only 120 calories. They are so good and crunchy