To eat or not to eat

It's so easy to lose weight, I've done it a thousand times...lol
Keeping it off...now that's my weakness.

Currently, I'm back on track and in the process of losing the weight I gained (again).
I weigh myself once a week in a group situation at the fitness club and my question is,
does it make a difference whether I eat or not before getting weighed? (same time each week).
I've heard that breakfast eaten that morning will not reflect on the scale a few hours later.
Is this true?

p.s., I would lose the scale but for me I 'need' to know.
I think because I stop weighing myself altogether after losing weight it gives me a false sence of security and I become complacent during maintenance.

Replies

• gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Weigh before eating. If you really want to test the theory, just weight before and then after to see what it's like for you specifically. But logically if you've put a pound of food in yourself it's going to show on the scale.
  • thegoya
    thegoya Posts: 100 Member
    I agree...thanks for the reply :)
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    I've found no real difference with food. Hydration shows up right away on my scale, but not food (with the amounts I am eating).
  • thegoya
    thegoya Posts: 100 Member
    Oh, really? So it's better to avoid my morning coffee before my weigh in? hmmmm
    For many reasons I do not have a scale at home and get weighed outside the house no more than once a week.