Need friends Young and Old for motivation and tips - NEWBIE!

Options
Hi guys. this is my second day using My Fitness Pal, and ive found out sooo much already!!!

I snacked over 700 calories yesterday (the first day using MyFitnessPal) which is rediculous and clearly the reason im not loosing weight.
Today is a new day and im not snacking at all today!!

I need some help and tips and motivation to help me along the way.

I lost 3 stone 6 years ago but not in a good way. i however managed to keep it off with lots of diet and excericise but my lifestyle changed and i got a sit down job which finished at 8 so i had to give up excercise and ate late at night then went to bed and piled on the stones again. Im now at my heaviest and im discusted with myself.

I just am in denial that im ok. i just want to be that svelt figure i used to be but finding it hard.

I know how to diet and am trying to stick to the GI diet which is half a plate of veg, quater carbs and quater meat as i will be doing a lot of excercise and need some energy.
Ive figured out also i have quite a lot of protein so need to cut that down aswell.
also the carbs i will be having at wholewheat or Low GI.

I just need that push to help me get the willpower back. as i cant find it at the moment.

PLEASE HELP!!!

xx

Replies

• SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I joined a year ago, but it quickly fizzled out. I came back to it a couple of weeks ago and am going strong. I have better determination this time around. Please feel free to add me if you would like. I go to the gym at least 5 times a week, or walk when I can't. And I'm on here daily. Those extra words from friends often help me push through when I'm feeling like I could eat down a house lol. I'm not sure about some of the things you talked about 'quater' and such, but I would definitely like to help in the motivation department :)
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Well you have made a step in the right direction.

you will learn a lot, but you need to give it time. for example if you want to be a doc you have to study and take in knowledge, you don't get all of it in one day. And sometimes you have to go over things again and again and again until it really sinks in and you understand it or you have that light bulb moment and you are like 'omg why didn't i ever get that before'.
    So take it a step at a time, and a small change at a time. See you are already learning, 700cals in snacks alone, yeah a bit high, but you have learned from it and you are moving forward, good for you.

Happy to give and receive support if you want it, you can check out my profile for more info.
  • susieq_pt
    susieq_pt Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi there,

I am pretty new here. I think I started logging about 2 weeks ago. The first week I lost 3 pounds and I am afraid that I have regained the weight even with the exercise and food journaling. I am very frustrated and just want to lose these last 20-30 pounds that are sticking on. Would love some new friends if you are interested it helping.
  • misscoxy1981
    Options
    i dont know about u but i try not to worry too much about the meat protien as they say that your body digests it alot quicker than everything else. im a cheese lady though and am severely missing my mature cheddar. i have lost 1stone 4lbs since 20th feb, and just keep telling ymself that this summer i will not have to wear a cardigan the whole time to cover my fat bits!!! good luck my lovely
  • Mathteacher35
    Mathteacher35 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I have dieted and lost 25-30 pounds and then given up and gained it all back. This time was different. I joined Weight Watchers last June and have been going strong since. I joined MFP in August, but did not really use the site until about 2 months ago. I love using both. I love the resources on both sites!

Anyone is welcome to friend me!