is working out every single day bad ?

2»

Replies

• TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    I have to have my rest day...if not I'm barely making through a workout, my forms off, or I lose the drive! :)
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    For the past two weeks i have been working out every single day and i have been eating healthy .
    But then of course .. i gained weight .. muscle weight i would say ... is working out every day and burning 500 calories using (treadmill and step and the bike) are the reason i have gained muscle ? should i workout every other day ?

PS. i dont want to gain muscle weight i want to lose fats first then gain muscles

1 - You definitely haven't gained any muscle weight in two weeks, and certainly not enough to make the scale go up, especially if all you're doing is cardio. More likely you're retaining a bit of water, or have PMS, or any number of other things that can make your body seem to gain a couple of pounds.

2 - Muscles aren't stupid, but they ARE what could make the difference between you being weak and feeble or being strong and healthy fifty years from now.

3 - In order to really answer your question, we'd need to know what you're eating, and what you're doing for workouts. If you're eating 1000 calories per day and running off 500 of those calories every day, then yes, it would be a very bad thing.

It's about the bigger picture, getting healthy, not just about the number on the scale. :flowerforyou:

This is your best response...be careful of taking advice and help from people on here, not going to say anyone is wrong (cause for all I know I could be the crazy one) but I would agree most with this post, on a side note if you are just starting on your journey watching the scale daily is not a good idea, once a week is recommended also make sure it is at the same time everyday usually first thing when you wake up is the best time. Your weight will flucuate anywhere from 1 to 5 lbs depending on when you weigh yourself and what you have done/eaten that day. Just my two cents worth
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    I say make sure you are taking your measurements. If you are gaining muscle you are getting smaller since muscle takes up less room than fat.

I haven't lost alot of weight but i've lost 11 inches! So, I love my measureing tape! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!