When did zombies become so big?

Options
Mr_Cape219
Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
I dont know if this is just me, but lately there has been this huge boom in zombies. I dont know if it's the success of 'The Walking Dead' or some other thing, but for some reason zombies are so trendy. Like everyone wants to get fit to avoid the propsed zombie doomsday, or things like 'Run for your lives!' where you run a marathon with zombies chasing you.

Dont get me wrong, I dont hate zombies. They are as creepy as they are cool!

Replies

• 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Not all zombies are big. They come in all shapes and sizes.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    lol, "popular" then!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    It's the same thing with the whole vampire thing. It just blew up.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Several years ago, I believe.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Welcome to 1999!!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    sci-fi-fantasy-zombie-apocalypse-you-say-im-in.jpg
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    i will admit i was never a zombie (or horror movies even) fan until Walking Dead. I purchased the first 4 graphic novels and jumped on the gravy train. The vampire sh...crap... not so much!

It will blow over. Anyone wanna take a stab at what the next big thing will be?

I am betting on rabid unicorns!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Seriously! Listen I've been obsessed with zombies since I was a child. I was like 8 when I first saw NOTLD and it's haunted me ever since.

Don't know what NOTLD is? Then stop pretending to be a zombie fan!

My whole life I've been concerned about zombie attacks, I was always laughed at. Now everyone and their mother wants to talk about their zombie apocalypse plan...

Half of you probably don't even know to destroy the damn stairs. :grumble:
  • GlitterGoldJem
    GlitterGoldJem Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My office is so divided ... myself and my boss are team Vampire and other are team Zombie. LOL
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    i will admit i was never a zombie (or horror movies even) fan until Walking Dead. I purchased the first 4 graphic novels and jumped on the gravy train. The vampire sh...crap... not so much!

It will blow over. Anyone wanna take a stab at what the next big thing will be?

I am betting on rabid unicorns!

hmm.. no, thats already a thing. My Little Pony: Friendship already did that.

maybe succubus(es) (succubi?)
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoyed Zombieland, but really only watched it because it was filmed in Newnan, GA. The hubs had a restaurant there at the time. He went to pick up DD's birthday cake and called to tell me he was running late because he was stuck behind a truck full of zombies. The scene where they are walking down the middle of the street of a small town is downtown Newnan and other than the blown up cars and zombies, that's pretty much how it looks.
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Seriously! Listen I've been obsessed with zombies since I was a child. I was like 8 when I first saw NOTLD and it's haunted me ever since.

My whole life I've been concerned about zombie attacks, I was always laughed at. Now everyone and their mother wants to talk about their zombie apocalypse plan...

Night of the Living Dead... I got this... haha...
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    ^See! Tony gets to live with me and my followe.... group at the Baltimore Zoo. I already have the plan in place and the people required to carry it out. I'm not happy that it's in Baltimore, but I figure after a zombie apocalypse the whole world is going to look like Baltimore anyway. :tongue:

I'm going to kill zombies riding an elephant. Top that!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

Or just stagger through the streets in zombie make-up!
  • Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Zombies have ALWAYS been big. You just haven't noticed, and due to that, you'll be in the first wave to be eaten. Sorry :(
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Zombies have ALWAYS been big. You just haven't noticed, and due to that, you'll be in the first wave to be eaten. Sorry :(

I'll throw myself headfirst so they can go straight for the brain. I dont prefer all that stomach opening and entrials yanking. Just crack my head open like an egg and eat the goods, If there is any part of me left that functions, I will stagger through the destruction torn world to find you! Start at the toes, methinks.

lol jk
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    thought you were going to comment on the growing of a larger zombie. I am severely disapointed by this thread. I am only able to grow normal-sized zombies.

10853_1053693120747_1778396309_100824_1429544_n.jpg
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    sci-fi-fantasy-zombie-apocalypse-you-say-im-in.jpg

I just burst out laughing.... Read it with his voice in my head.
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Walking Dead!!!!!!
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Ghosts have always been in. Vampires came next. Werewolves got their small shot. Zombies really began with NOTLD or the maybe earlier with the Republican party.

Now, how's this for an idea. We put a vampire, ghost and werewolf in a show 'living' together? Hmm, could be a great sitcom...i'm thinking like "Three's Undead Company'?

Editor: They have that show already, it's called Being Human.

Me: Uh, ok...I got it, let's add a Zombie to the line up, but this time they're all related and call it the "Munsters".

Editor: It was done in the early 60's with Fred Gwynne and instead of a Zombie, it was a 'Frankenstein'-esque character.

Me: Damn it! Zombies suck A**