anyone with me on this..

Options
Hey all,
I'm kinda bummed out because I have been eating very well, not dieting, but just better food habits. Also I have been walking daily but I am not seeing much change (scale and measurements). Has anyone recently had the same issue and something different worked for them? Maybe my body needs a change, but I am not sure what. LOL.

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Maybe pay more attention to your portion sizes? It sounds like you are being very sensible already.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Maybe pay more attention to your portion sizes? It sounds like you are being very sensible already.
    This and I would get a food scale.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    When you say you are not dieting, just eating better, what does that mean? Eating healthier foods is great, but calories still matter for weight loss, Are you eating less calories than your body uses in a day?
  • alessandragiu1
    alessandragiu1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When you say you are not dieting, just eating better, what does that mean? Eating healthier foods is great, but calories still matter for weight loss, Are you eating less calories than your body uses in a day?

What I meant was instead of eating chocolate I grab almonds. I don't like to label it as a diet because I am just trying to have a healthier life style with food. If I am eating less calories than my body needs its only by 100 or less most of the time. Nothing significant in any way..
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options

What I meant was instead of eating chocolate I grab almonds. I don't like to label it as a diet because I am just trying to have a healthier life style with food. If I am eating less calories than my body needs its only by 100 or less most of the time. Nothing significant in any way..

Hmm, I think you are someone who would benefit from logging your daily intake. You should try it for a week to see if you notice any red flags.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Ok, but you still need a calorie deficit......changing out a few foods and walking might take longer than you think to see changes, maybe add some more intense cardio and weight bearing exercise and eat a little less, i'm sure you'll see longterm results.
  • Bigboned
    Bigboned Posts: 1
    Options
    I would start looking at the calories of things and see where you are at.
    While nuts does seem like the better option, nuts also have a lot of calories/fat etc in them..so while you think you are eating something to aid in "weightloss" you might be actually doing the opposite.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Start logging your intake and get a food scale and measuring cups and spoons to start measuring your food. Also log your walks as your exercise and make sure you are getting all of your water in.

Eating right helps, but precise numbers is most helpful in weight loss in the beginning and if there is one thing I have learned - I DON'T have ALL the calories memorized for every foods and I DON'T do a very good job "guessing" how much something weighs, etc. Knowing for sure how many cals you are consuming a day will help you figure out where changes need to be made,so you can see some progress.
  • alessandragiu1
    alessandragiu1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

There are only a few ways to lose weight. The only sensible one that doesn't involve surgery is to eat less calories than you burn. The type of food you eat matters for health, but for weight loss it's all about calories in vs. calories out.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

At a deficit of 100 calories a day or less, it will take you 35 days or more to lose a single pound. That's within the margin of error. Actually, that's not a bad approach if you can stick to it and lay down some new habits that will last a lifetime, but your goals will have to be very long term. And you'll probably need to put more of an effort into maintaining such a small calorie deficit because you won't get much week to week, or even month to month feedback on how you're doing. Just swapping out chocolate for almonds isn't going to do it.