Exercise DVD's

Options
Wishful
Wishful Posts: 618 Member
Do ya'll use exercise DVD's? Which ones? Are there any out there for the really pitiful out-of -shape folks? Most of the ones advertised on TV look far too advanced for me!:noway:

Replies

• Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Walk of the pounds is a good one to start with.

Best of luck!
  • bluroses
    bluroses Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    WHen I started I used the Biggest Loser dvds a lot. I had a hard time keepig up, but I did what I could and saw results. I also love Jillian Michael's Biggest Winner set. I would suggest checking a bunch of different titles out of your library first and seeing what works for you before spending lots of money on dvds! :wink:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    When I was pitifully out of shape, I went for Yoga Zone (any of the ones for beginners only) and Classical Stretch. So that took care of both flexibility and began some mild strength training. I think all the Yoga Zones can be netflixed.

Whatever you do, be sure to include a good stretch workout and do it frequently.

When you start to feel better and energetic, you'll start craving more intense workouts.
  • glendaz
    glendaz Posts: 55
    Options
    Before you go and buy them, check out youtube and see if someone has posted it there. Jililan's 30-day shred is on there. Try them out to see if you like it and then go purchase it. Type in exercise in the search bar and see what comes up. You may be able to work out without spending a lot of money! Good luck!
  • carlafreeman
    Options
    If you subscribe to netlfix they have a lot of exercise dvds and then you can try them out before you buy. I just learned this last week and love it!!!

I personally have bought--Walk Away The Pounds w/Leslie Sansone--miles 1, 2, and 3. I also have the Taebo Best Moves and Taebo Believers Workout.

Good luck with all your weight loss goals!!! :smooched:
  • Juicey1401
    Juicey1401 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I use Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, Power 90, 10 min trainer (to name a few)...I couldn't keep up @ first but with time I'm keeping up and then I do them like 3 times a day now.

As bluroses said, I would also suggest checking different titles out of your library first and seeing what works for you before spending lots of money on dvds.
    Good luck on finding one that suits you.

Much success to u!!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I've tried out Turbo Jam a few times and it is a great one for beginners. The learning video has a workout that's only 15 minutes long and you can spend a good week or two on it, learning the moves and building your stamina.
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Do you have Comcast OnDemand Cable? Or something similiar to it? If so, check out the free Exercise Video's they have. There's an exercise spot online too, I think it's www.exercisetv.com you might check out.

It allows you to try them out before you buy them. You get to preview several to see which ones you like.
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Wow! I just went to the exercise TV site to see what was there. I think I saw that there were 106 full length workouts, plus who knows how many mini workouts and combos. Thanks! This will be a great way to try a few different programs!:smile:
  • berkeleygirlforever
    Options
    All I use is Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVD's. If you shop on Amazon.com, you can find a ton of them at really cheap prices. Their very effective but also low impact.