Favorite Post Workout Snacks

Options
Hi Friends! I'm compiling a list of good post workout snacks/supplements. I have a tendency to just make the usual protein smoothie but I've been alternating between two for the past few months and I'm getting kind of sick of them. What do you guys eat after a sweaty workout?

Replies

• kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I have to say personally I stick with either a protein shake or tinned fish straight out the tin. I like to eat as soon as I've finished stretching and before I hop in the shower so I go for what's quick and easy. You could prepare yourself a snack before you exercise s that its ready to eat as soon as you finish, but I'm not that organised.
  • sherronh
    sherronh Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like to eat hardboiled egg whites, an apple, or a piece of chicken breast. Im interested in light protein shakes. Any tips?
  • Actually_Mike
    Actually_Mike Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I like a glass of skim (my personal preference on milk) chocolate milk!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    turkey on white bread, if I dont have that I have a mint balance bar
  • mollydubs
    mollydubs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time trusting carbs so it took me awhile to find a post workout snack that didn't scare me. I decided to make my workout snack a special Chocolate Espresso Oatmeal Cookie Peanut Butter Sandwich recipe that is insanely good and not bad for you either :)

You can see it / read it / bake it from here: http://cookiemonstersanonymous.blogspot.com/2012/04/vegan-chocolate-espresso-oatmeal-peanut.html