Gawwwd! I cant eat all this food!!

Options
Sooo im starting to think now that my problem before wasnt over eating but maybe undereating at times, or having a huuge meal late at night! As sometimes i could go all day without hardly any food, but then i would cram it all in late at night, and majority of food was sugary cereals, biscuits, and the odd takeaway, but then some days hardly a thing would pass my lips. I have 800 cals left to eat and i feel ive already eaten loads!! Totally feel im eating too much, is this because im retraining my brain into having actual proper meals do you think? Also i guess im feeling full of the water, as i NEVER used to drink any water, yet now i am. Am sat here racking my brains on what to eat for tea..need to use those flippen cals lol!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Sooo im starting to think now that my problem before wasnt over eating but maybe undereating at times, or having a huuge meal late at night! As sometimes i could go all day without hardly any food, but then i would cram it all in late at night, and majority of food was sugary cereals, biscuits, and the odd takeaway, but then some days hardly a thing would pass my lips. I have 800 cals left to eat and i feel ive already eaten loads!! Totally feel im eating too much, is this because im retraining my brain into having actual proper meals do you think? Also i guess im feeling full of the water, as i NEVER used to drink any water, yet now i am. Am sat here racking my brains on what to eat for tea..need to use those flippen cals lol!

Calorically dense foods

Nuts

nut butters

oils

full fat dairy

avocados

pasta

ice cream
  • trababes1971
    trababes1971 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Calorically dense foods

Now i love icecream, nuts and avacado..so i guess i need to add to my shopping list lol ;) x

Nuts

nut butters

oils

full fat dairy

avocados

pasta

ice cream
  • karly90
    karly90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Totally feel the same! I do that too!
  • trababes1971
    Options
    Totally feel the same! I do that too!

What the same as me hun? xxx
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Wow...must be rough. :huh:
  • fergie2812
    fergie2812 Posts: 162
    Options
    I am so the same. I feel like i should start snacking in the day as I don't have anything between lunch at 12 and then tea is about 8pm. Then I'm tired and hungry and food gets deilvered!. The next morning I feel like crap cos i've indulged so son't eat a lot all day and the circle continues!
  • trababes1971
    Options

Lol do you think 1200 cals is a small amount then?..cos it feels alot for me, and i certinally dont eat like a bird! If anything my problem is gorging late at night like some pig lol x Although pigs are cute so i shouldnt say that. but i love a big meal! x
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    you should eat every few hours..... eat calorie dense food (as someone else mentioned) -- and eat breakfast -- high protein high fiber meals keep you full..... It's not that hard to eat all the food you should be - it's a matter of retraining your mind and body to feed your body properly.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    What are you eating to feel so full at 1200 calories? Giant bowls of veggies followed by 10 glasses of water?
  • trababes1971
    Options
    I am so the same. I feel like i should start snacking in the day as I don't have anything between lunch at 12 and then tea is about 8pm. Then I'm tired and hungry and food gets deilvered!. The next morning I feel like crap cos i've indulged so son't eat a lot all day and the circle continues!

Yeh i think i maybe should snack a bit more, but thing is a snack for me is usually something bad lol..like uuuhm choc biccies ;) or a big bowl of sugary cereal, so im trying to find the right balance at the moment. xxxx
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options

Lol do you think 1200 cals is a small amount then?..cos it feels alot for me, and i certinally dont eat like a bird! If anything my problem is gorging late at night like some pig lol x Although pigs are cute so i shouldnt say that. but i love a big meal! x

It's a very small amount. So small that even my doctor mentioned that it's unhealthy to eat that few. I try to stick to 1200, but usually go a little over.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Breakfast
    Snack
    Lunch
    Snack
    Dinner
    Snack

Break down your food like this, you should have no problem.

Spread the 1200 out over 6 sessions.
  • trababes1971
    Options
    you should eat every few hours..... eat calorie dense food (as someone else mentioned) -- and eat breakfast -- high protein high fiber meals keep you full..... It's not that hard to eat all the food you should be - it's a matter of retraining your mind and body to feed your body properly.

Yeh thats what i need to do.. im sure il work it out lol xxx
  • trababes1971
    Options

It's a very small amount. So small that even my doctor mentioned that it's unhealthy to eat that few. I try to stick to 1200, but usually go a little over.

I think maybe for me then it is because im eating alot of veg which is very filling xxx
  • trababes1971
    Options
    What are you eating to feel so full at 1200 calories? Giant bowls of veggies followed by 10 glasses of water?

Lol i am eating LOADS of veggies ;), as i thought they is no way i could follow this if im starving all the time.. but im quite full off the veg and water, as not used to A) drinking water.. (so bad of me).. and B) eating lunch i guess, as i used to just snack on biscuits. xxx
  • trababes1971
    Options
    Breakfast
    Snack
    Lunch
    Snack
    Dinner
    Snack

Break down your food like this, you should have no problem.

Spread the 1200 out over 6 sessions.

Thats a good idea actually :)..think il try it that way. xx
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

1200 a day is easy. I can easily put away 800-1000 at breakfast alone. Depending on how intense the morning workout/run is.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    While veggies are good in all, they tend to fill you up without giving you a lot of calories. Make your vegetable portions smaller and increase your protein and carb portions. Have a slice of bread with peanut butter instead of a bowl of broccoli.
  • trababes1971
    Options

1200 a day is easy. I can easily put away 800-1000 at breakfast alone. Depending on how intense the morning workout/run is.

Lol can you? what do you eat..do you have a big brekky then? x
  • LilRiver
    LilRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I felt similarly to you, at first.

I used to eat one meal a day - a big meal around 5pm and then binge at night. Some days, I wasn't getting nearly enough calories, other days I was getting way too much. The first week or so on MFP was a struggle - "I have to eat *again*?! I just ate something a few hours ago!" My body was not at all used to regular food intake and my hunger signals were all messed up. I forced myself to at least meet 1200 calories and aimed to get closer to what MFP recommended. It seemed like way too much food, mostly because of the seemingly constant eating throughout the day. And, yet, I lost a significant amount of weight in those first few weeks. And, now that my body & mind are used to it, it's much less of a struggle and my hunger cues are much more in line with how they should be.