200 Calorie Lunches

anna0306
anna0306 Posts: 16 Member
I am bored to death with my lunch that I eat every day. I have been eating 100 calorie wheat sandwich thins and 45 calories worth of lunch meat (I rotate between turkey, ham and chicken) with mustard (or light mayo if I'm feeling frisky.)

This sandwich makes me feel satisfied without feeling too full. Since I'm so bored with it though, I'm looking for some quick, easy lunches that are 200 calories or less. I'm concerned with the calorie amount only because I don't feel good sitting at my desk after I eat alot and 200 calories works perfect-also I like eating my calories at dinner.

Any lunch suggestions?

Replies

• mabennett
    mabennett Posts: 53
    i know it's processed but i eat smart ones. it's just easier!
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    When I make dinner, I make 3 servings. One for me, one for hubby, and one for lunch the next day.

If you like tuna, Starkist has the pouches of chunk light tuna, I get the low sodium. 80 calories for the pouch and its around 150 mg of sodium. I'll put that on lettuce with a little salsa, very tasty.
  • anna0306
    anna0306 Posts: 16 Member
    This is great-thank you! I looked up both Smart Ones and Lean Cuisines online and found you are able to search for varieties by calories. Found a pretty good selection 200 and under :) I always assumed all varieties hovered more around 300..

And I love tuna! That sounds great. I appreciate the help!
  • Fairleighfit
    Fairleighfit Posts: 13 Member
    When I make dinner, I make 3 servings. One for me, one for hubby, and one for lunch the next day.

If you like tuna, Starkist has the pouches of chunk light tuna, I get the low sodium. 80 calories for the pouch and its around 150 mg of sodium. I'll put that on lettuce with a little salsa, very tasty.

Where can I buy this in Canada?
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    my favorite low cal meal is simple: marinated chicken breast either grilled or baked, cottage cheese, and a steamed vegetable.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    You should be eating more calories for lunch - i.e. breakfast and lunch should be your largest meals of the day - because you DO have a chance to burn them off..... dinner should be smaller.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    I had a great lunch today, which came in just over 200 I think.
    1 small slice bread (21g)
    1 tsp butter (skip this if you like)
    1/2 slice ham (they're 3 times the size of the bread so I use just half)
    5g blue cheese
    1 bowl vegetable soup (250-300ml)
    1 handful strawberries
  • julieh1973
    julieh1973 Posts: 121 Member
    I am eating a Health Choice Steaming Entree -Lemon Herb Chicken right now, yummy and 200 Calories exactly. Low calorie soups with low fat lunch meat (ham, roast beef, turkey ,canaidan bacon, etc.) and cheese on 100 calorie wheat muffin or the 35 calorie per slice of bread. Lipton 50 calorie chicken noodle soup mix (only 50 calories leaves room for crackers &/or sandwich, fruits, veggies,etc.). Apples are a good source of lots of low calorie chewing satisfaction that can be paired with a low calorie entree as well.
  • I am bored to death with my lunch that I eat every day. I have been eating 100 calorie wheat sandwich thins and 45 calories worth of lunch meat (I rotate between turkey, ham and chicken) with mustard (or light mayo if I'm feeling frisky.)

This sandwich makes me feel satisfied without feeling too full. Since I'm so bored with it though, I'm looking for some quick, easy lunches that are 200 calories or less. I'm concerned with the calorie amount only because I don't feel good sitting at my desk after I eat alot and 200 calories works perfect-also I like eating my calories at dinner.

Any lunch suggestions?
    An avocado would be the perfect lunch for 200 calories. Avocados are so rich in nutrients. They are low cal, low carb, full of fiber, protein, and potassium. The healthy fats in avocados will keep you feeling fuller for longer too.
  • FIREGAL48081
    FIREGAL48081 Posts: 2 Member
    I eat 2 cups of salad and I put 3 oz of grilled chicken breast strips on it with pinch of cheese and a lite dressing.It is about 200 calories
  • ghiagirl893
    ghiagirl893 Posts: 69 Member
    Try hummus and veggies
    Put some veggies on your normal lunch to give it more flavor variety (tomatoes, olives, mushrooms, whatever), and some spices. Use tuna or eggs instead of your meat. Use hummus. (I love hummus).
    Yogurt with fruit, salads, baked potatoes/sweet potatoes
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Best thing I can tell ya is to load up a salad with lots of different veggies and top it with hard boiled egg whites and either tuna or grilled chicken. Try salsa or balsamic vinegar instead of salad dressing.

Could also do 2 or more cups of steamed veggies with some rice or grilled chicken.
  • Spudley64
    Spudley64 Posts: 18 Member

I found these pouches at Metro in Ontario but I'm sure they are at Superstore and other grocery stores as well!