My 1st 5K

Options
So today I jogged my first 5K of the season. Last year when I ran one I did it in 38:41. This year I did it in 33:50!!!!!!! I will take it. I haven't really been training all that much either. I jogged the first 2 miles without starting. My goal was to do the 1st mile without stopping and I felt so great I just said make it to the 2nd mile. Well I did and had to stop but I only stopped 3 times after that to the finish line. I have another 5K coming up on July 4th (last years race) and I hope to get to at least 31:00. But I am also signing up for at least 3 more 5Ks. I just had to share that because I was so proud of myself for doing that and not have really trained or ran in A YEAR!!!!

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Well I guess this goes to show you that your body is in shape and can handle intense physical activity...THATS AWESOME! :bigsmile:

I am doing the couch to 5k program and am running my first 5k in august...can't wait. I hope I'm as successful as you.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :drinker:
  • bikergirl10
    Options
    Thank you!!! I am doing the couch to 5k too and was only on week 1 when I did this. I figured if I sign up for these 5Ks that I will then be more motivated to do them
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Congrats on your time improvement! Way to go!!!!!!!!:smile:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    congrats!! for me races keep me motivated and are kinda addicting. I am doing several 5k's and a few spring triathlon's this summer to keep me going. :smile:

Great Job!!:flowerforyou:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    congrats!! for me races keep me motivated and are kinda addicting. I am doing several 5k's and a few spring triathlon's this summer to keep me going. :smile:

Great Job!!:flowerforyou:
    correction : sprint triathlons
  • bikergirl10
    Options
    Ya I figured that if I sign up for the races, then I have that too look forward to and work hard for. I really want to do 2 minutes better each race. My body is not a runners body but If i can be around 25 minutes by the end of my races, I will be so happy!!!!!
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    My goal is to jog a 5K before the end of summer.

I am doing Couch to 5K also, and I'm almost on Week 3. That's amazing that you did this the first week. I have a 5K I'm doing next Saturday, but I think I'm just going to just walk it or do some walking/jogging intervals.
  • bikergirl10
    Options
    Good luck on your 5K! Ya I really wanted to just do the first mile but I jogged the first 2miles. I was so happy but paying for it today. My quads and IT bands are soooooo sore
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!