God help me, I'm starving

Options
124»

Replies

• AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    If you're hungry, eat. You won't gain weight from eating clean foods.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    OMG, someone get this girl a burrito. Sweetpea, don't let yourself feel like you're starving. EVER. I started on MFP at 1200 calories. And within a month, I had skyrocketed in terms of my anxiety levels, my b!tchiness, and all-around misery. Now I'm reading The New Rules of Lifting for Women, I'm eating 1700 calories a day, and I'm a much nicer person and am STILL SEEING RESULTS. There's a ton of back-and-forth on MFP about this, but I will NEVER do a 1200 calorie diet again. I've learned that it puts my body into starvation mode and I stall in terms of progress and I come dangerously close to committing homicide on my husband. Eat your exercise calories!

^^^^YESSSS!!!

THIS
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    OMG, someone get this girl a burrito. Sweetpea, don't let yourself feel like you're starving. EVER. I started on MFP at 1200 calories. And within a month, I had skyrocketed in terms of my anxiety levels, my b!tchiness, and all-around misery. Now I'm reading The New Rules of Lifting for Women, I'm eating 1700 calories a day, and I'm a much nicer person and am STILL SEEING RESULTS. There's a ton of back-and-forth on MFP about this, but I will NEVER do a 1200 calorie diet again. I've learned that it puts my body into starvation mode and I stall in terms of progress and I come dangerously close to committing homicide on my husband. Eat your exercise calories!

i love this advice. it made me smile :)

i upped my calories by almost 1000 (yeah, that much) to fuel my workouts and my life after a month long stall in march. the first week in, i lost 4 inches across my mid section. however, i'm a lot larger than you, but i feel much much better now that i'm not starving myself. :) account for your activity, and try to eat some of those exercise calories MFP already gives you a deficit with the calorie limit.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Short answer -- yes, eat your exercise calories.

Long answer/question -- how do people not see the BIG GREEN NUMBER on your home page or the smaller green number on the bottom of your food diary that is your calories remaining INCLUDING exercise calories? If you are logging your excercise the goal number on the bottom of your food diary will NOT be 1200.

I wonder this every time someone says "MFP has me eating 1200 calories" but then also says that they are logging exercise. How is that possible? How are they not seeing that big green number?

LMBO! right?:laugh: