Smoothies

Options
Ahmee2034
Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
Hey y'all. I just bought 100% Soy Protein Booster powder today and some fresh fruit. I need a good recipe to make a healthy smoothy. I start work again on Monday and would like to be able to fix smoothies for my morning meal when I'm short on time. If you can share some and have the numbers, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Blend a scoop with 1/2 cup of fruit, 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup water. I think it's too heavy with just milk. You might need ice because you're using fresh fruit instead of frozen if you want more of a smoothie texture.

Sometimes I'll add peanut butter if I need extra calories (great with blueberries, banana, or peaches).

A splash of apple cider (about 1/4 cup) is awesome if you can fit it into your carb/sugar allowance.
  • michele73
    michele73 Posts: 102
    Options
    Banana Yogurt Shake

This is so delicious but it is showing it for 4 servings. You will have to break it down. The flavors are so great together. I got it from the Jillian Michaels diet. I used skimplus milk instead.

Makes 4 Servings:
    Per Serving: Calories: 232 , Carbs: 40 g , Dietary Fiber: 1 g , Protein: 6 g , Cholesterol: 18 mg , Sodium: 82 mg

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 cup(s) milk, reduced-fat (2%)
    2 banana(s)
    1 cup(s) yogurt, low-fat plain
    1/4 cup(s) honey
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
    dash(es) nutmeg, ground
    5 ice cubes

Instructions:

Combine all ingredients except ice cubes in blender or food processor; process until thick and creamy. With motor running, add ice cubes one at a time; process until smooth. Pour into tall glasses to serve.

Tip: Vanilla yogurt can be substituted for plain yogurt and vanilla.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump for later
    Caliecat
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I don't use protein powder in my smooties, but you could.

I do 1/2 cup frozen fruit (I like blueberries) If you have fresh berries you can easily freeze them. Or, if you want to use them fresh, just add some ice like the poster above me suggested.
    100g vanilla yogurt (or any flavour you like)
    and 1/2 cup juice (I like orange)

everyone says my blueberry vanilla smoothie is the best they've ever had... but it'd only 3 ingredients :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    bump. Im going out and buying a blender and some protien powder
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Banana Yogurt Shake

This is so delicious but it is showing it for 4 servings. You will have to break it down. The flavors are so great together. I got it from the Jillian Michaels diet. I used skimplus milk instead.

Makes 4 Servings:
    Per Serving: Calories: 232 , Carbs: 40 g , Dietary Fiber: 1 g , Protein: 6 g , Cholesterol: 18 mg , Sodium: 82 mg

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 cup(s) milk, reduced-fat (2%)
    2 banana(s)
    1 cup(s) yogurt, low-fat plain
    1/4 cup(s) honey
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
    dash(es) nutmeg, ground
    5 ice cubes

Instructions:

Combine all ingredients except ice cubes in blender or food processor; process until thick and creamy. With motor running, add ice cubes one at a time; process until smooth. Pour into tall glasses to serve.

Tip: Vanilla yogurt can be substituted for plain yogurt and vanilla.

I'm going to try this today. It makes 4 servings...how do you store the rest of the servings? Do you wait to add the ice until just before you're ready to drink it? Do I put the rest in the fridge and then put it back into the blender when I'm ready for another treat?