What Are Saddlebags......?

Options
Matiara
Matiara Posts: 377 Member
'Cause mine are gone!

After a five month hiatus due to illness and injury, I started a Turbo Fire/Brazil Butt Lift hybrid on 3/1. While brushing my teeth this morning, I happened to groggily look down and noticed that my upper thighs were flat on the sides. That woke me right up, let me tell you. I started poking the area to make sure that I wasn't hallucinating and it's as firm as all get out. I think I've been concentrating so much on the changes to my upper body, abs,and butt that I wasn't paying close attention to my thighs and that's why I hadn't noticed before. It's very encouraging.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I live in the stone ages and don't own a digital camera.

The title of my thread is a legit question, BTW. Are saddlebags all fat and I simply lost it, or is it a combination of losing fat and firming the muscles underneath?

Replies

• Matiara
    Options
    Bumping my lonely post
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I think that the term saddlebags refers to the fat that can gather on the outside of the thigh/hip area. Especially below the bend of the hip.

My body likes to deposit fat elsewhere, so I didn't have them when I began on MFP. I had plenty of fat on my gut, though.

Congrats on losing yours!!! Job well done!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    saddlebags are fat deposits.

and yeah it's weird to not feel a fat deposit you're used to feeling. sometimes when i run my hand would graze my love handles. a few days ago i was running and realized most of it was gone. bubye fat
  • Matiara
    Options
    I've been kinda compulsively touching my legs a lot in the past 24 hours as if to reassure myself that the fat is really gone. I hope no one here at the office has been paying close attention to me today.