doing it without the smartphone app?

Options
Hey there guys,

I used to have an iphone which was where i found this wonderful place (didint even realise they had a website until a few months back).

anyway last month i may have dropped my iphone into a fountain and lost it in the bottom of las vegas.... (dam those 48oz margheritas!)

the point is, the website doesnt have all the stuff that the app had, i cant track percentages easily, and its justa pain in the behind to get my laptop out everytime i want to log something. I tried writing down everything i ate and then loggin ti later.
it doesnt really work. withot being able to see the percentages, keep track of my macros and all that, its made this ALOT harder, and im starting to loose interest and motivation in this.

is there anyone out there who only uses the website? if so is there any tips and tricks for me?

thanks guys

Replies

• sugarfoot928
    Options
    I don't have a smartphone either. I just make it a habit to sit down at night and track what I eat. After tracking for a few days/weeks, I have learned to estimate how many calories different foods have and about how many calories different types of exercises burn. This I think will help me after I loose the weight be able to maintain my weight.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I use both the website and iPhone app. My sis-in-law uses just the computer. Both work the same.

What I usually do is log what I think I'm going to eat in the morning, and adjust during the day. Takes me about 2 minutes. Actually, the website is easier in a lot of ways because of the support. And, after a while, MFP saves your most recently used items so they are easier to add.

Anyway, when you get your replacement iPhone just download the app and it syncs all of your data.