Annoyed much?

Options
2»

Replies

• StephySands
    Options
    No advice, but I can tell you something I heard and agree with....tell her that she doesn't really want to lose weight/get healthy because if she did she would be doing it. It's easy for all of us to come up with excuses, but when you really want something you find the time/energy/money to get it done.

^^^ Totally AGREE!! :smile:
  • kbuelo
    kbuelo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I know someone the exact same way and it's SOOO frustrating because this woman always wants to bring it up, or make comments about how it must be easy for everyone else because we don't have A, B or C to deal with (pick the excuse of the day). But then when I give advice she's already got an argument for why that wouldn't work for her.

I want to say, lady - you aren't special! We all would rather eat icecream and sit around on our butts!

But instead I try to just stay positive with her and be glad that I put my health before the less important stuff. I think she, and the person you know, will eventually have their lightbulb moment. They just aren't ready to face it that it's THEIR OWN JOB to make it happen. Don't let it stress you out and get ya down!
  • VintageDisaster
    Options
    Motivating her is not your job. Focus on your own project, and let your personal success inspire her when she faces the facts.
  • BarbiNay
    BarbiNay Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Be an inspiration.

I agree with this. Be an inspiration to her. Do your thing and brag about your accomplishments. Doing that myself I have actually gotten 3 people going on the exercise thing. One of them is in the process of fulfilling her dream of being a cop but could never pass the physical. The other is a size 24 and hit the work out today with me. The 3rd looks great already but wanted to tone up.

I had a million excuses until I woke up one day and realized I wanted to live more then I wanted to die. T hen I took action. Good luck! :smile:
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    On her next motivational FB post...

"That's awesome!! Did you make it to the gym today?"

and then put that on repeat.

This.