Protein Powder

Options
2»

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Banana is sweeter than vanilla, and equally low in sugar. I'm not a big banana lover but the protein powder brings out the flavor of any fruit you blend it with.

I didn't know there was such flavor! What kind do you use?

There's all sorts of flavors: chocolate, strawberry, some even make mocha flavored .. I've tried strawberry, vanilla, and banana ... banana is my favorite and I get grumpy when they run out of that one :laugh:.

Oh, I use the GNC generic stuff .. the whey is about $15 for 2 lbs (31 scoops).
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    Just last night I went shopping for a good protein powder. I've been told by many to stick with whey, which works great for me because I'm allergic to soy anyway. :tongue: I compared a lot of different brands and ended up with EAS. The caloric, sodium, and carb (sugar) content are all low... and this shake packs a big protein punch at 23g per serving! I tasted it this morning for the first time and I thought it was delicious!

EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder - Vanilla

Nutritional Information
    Serving Size: 1 Scoop (30g)
    Amount Per Serving% Daily Value**Calories: 120Calories from Fat: 20Total Fat: 2g3% Saturated Fat: 1g4% Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 70mg24%Sodium: 50mg2%Potassium:170mg5%Total Carbohydrate: 2g1% Dietary Fiber: 0g0% Sugars: 1g Protein: 23g46%Vitamins% Daily Value** Calcium15%Iron<2% *Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.

I'm going to Target to try this, thanks!
  • McLachfan
    McLachfan Posts: 50
    Options
    This morning I made a smoothie with 1 scoop of the EAS vanilla whey protein, 4 oz. skim milk, 1 tbs. flaxseed, 1 cup of fresh raspberries, and a handful of ice. It was really good! Only part I don't like is all the seeds from the raspberries, so I may try it with blueberries or banana tomorrow. :happy: