Foods for a trip

Options
I am going on a road trip and we are driving 20 hours straight. I have been reading the "eat clean diet" book and I am so confused.

Replies

• Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    How about apples,oranges,grapes,carrots, low fat cheese sticks,unsalted nuts, air popped popcorn, yogurt tubes, lots of water, organic pretzels & natural peanut butter . We're going on an 11 hour road trip in September and these are some of the things I'm packing. Have a safe trip. Cindy :heart:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Cindy gave you some good ideas.
    Do you like cottage cheese? How about unsalted nuts? It's fun to make your own trail mix by dumping in all your favorite munchie snacks together - pretzels, pop corn, nuts, raisins, dried fruit, etc. Just skip the M&Ms. :wink:
    Take an ice chest & pack water & items that need to be cold. Keep the other stuff handy (or not, depending on your snack habits!)
    You can refill your ice supply at gas stations & mini marts.
    Our family isn't much on bottled water, so we always take frozen reusable bottles or jugs of tap water - often with a lemon slice & they keep everything else cool. You can refill at drive thrus or take enough so you don't have to drink strange water.
    Have fun!
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas =D Seriously, not being taught proper nutrition growing up is really frustrating to me. Things I were taught were "healthy" are so not =/ What should I do about protein?
  • mtcountrygal
    Options
    Use premade peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for your protein. Just don't do what did!! I hadn't had McD's in a month and decided to do the drive thru last minute before I began my 8 hour road trip. NOT GOOD. I got 200 miles before my stomach had it's revenge! From now on it's premade things all the way. Never will I do that again!
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    I went on a 6 hour trip (12 hours round trip) and we had an ice chest with sandwich stuff, and carrot sticks with a thing of lowfat veggie dip from kroger (made with yogurt!), our fave yogurts, and plenty of water! then we also had the sunmaid vanilla yogurt-covered raisins (amazing!) and 3 bags of 3 different kinds of quaker quakes rice snacks...sooooo good! we had the chocolate, caramel, and apple cinnamon and they were all really good!!!
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice =D I am just really having a hard time making decisions. Like I said before, I am reading the "eat clean diet" and peanut butter and jelly are a NO NO food. There are actually a lot of no no's and all the new information is really confusing.