Anyone Eating Vegan?

Options
maledoux
maledoux Posts: 24 Member
Is anyone eating vegan and have some tips or favorite recipes? I started eating vegan as part of a detox diet I was trying and haven't stopped it yet. Eating low-fat is quite reasonable with vegan eating style.

Replies

• VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am vegan!

I don't really have any special tips. But I recommend chickpeas, tofu, and seitan for protein. Just eat lots of fruit and veggies. And there are some great sites out there for vegan recipes. As well as TONS of blogs! Just google them. I like vegweb.com, the fat free vegan blog, and many others. Feel free to ask me if you have any other questions.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Vegans taste horrible!
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Vegans taste horrible!

Hahahaa.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Vegans taste horrible!
    Meat's too stringy. Kind of like cat.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Vegans taste horrible!

with the right marinade they're ok, but still chewy.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Vegans taste horrible!

hahahah Like an old car you just have to warm them up
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure they don't use regular soap
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm straight, but if I was a lesbian, I would (eat vegan).
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

You would be good at it.....well with that long tongue and all
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Don't be silly vegans taste awesome...after all, we eat the food that food eats! You can find good vegan recipes all over the place, and just try a little something new every week. I like the Earth Balance for butter on stuff, but butter flavored crisco for baking...most of the meat substitutes are horrible but some are good and a lot just depends on what you like...I think smart dogs are gross, but tofu pups are good...smart ground is good, so is the gimme lean sausage...I've only been doing it since February, so I'm still new to it as well. Also, you can change what you track in MFP, so I track protein and calcium since those can be challenging to get in an animal free diet. I am totally having nutritional yeast with ramen cravings lately, so that's been breakfast every day for a couple weeks now. I would list quinoa as a must-try for anyone going vegan, very nutritious and very tasty too!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

This is true. I sort of feel bad for all of the women who have to miss out on it.
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't eat vegan but do have a great vegan cookbook! It's the Skinny B**** In the Kitch cookbook.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I AM MOSTLY VEGETARIAN, CAN'T GO FULL ON VEGAN AND CURRENTLY ON A TRIPLE PROTEIN INTAKE BECAUSE OF POST OP DOCTOR INSTRUCTIONS. SO FOR NOW I'M EATING MORE MEAT THAN I WOULD LIKE BUT IT IS HELPING ME HEAL QUICKLY AND COMBINED WITH THE SURGICAL SHAKES IT'S WORKING. CECK OUT WHOLELIVING.COM FOR RECIPES AND IDEAS.
    AS FOR THE PERVY MCPERVERSONS ON HERE..... A MALE VEGAN/VEGETARIAN IS 90% MORE LIKEY TO PERFOM ORAL ON HIS PARTNER THAN HIS MEAT EATING PEERS (THIS WAS FROM MY WOMENS HEALTH MAG LOL) . DON'T BASH THE VEGGIE LOVERS LADIES, THEY MAY JUST SHOW YOUR LADY FLOWER SOME LOVING;)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

This is true. I sort of feel bad for all of the women who have to miss out on it.

I thought size didn't matter :(
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I tried eating a vegan once. It was all grissly.
  • balexanderv
    balexanderv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also a vegan. Although I don't cook much I could give you a list of common places to eat, safe items out and about and if you REALLY want recipes I can link you my profile on allrecipes.com although our tastes probably won't match so I recommend you visit on your own terms and do a search whenever you are about to cook. The thing about vegan cooking is you can make anything and any recipe that isn't vegan, vegan with a few substitutions.. for example milk can obviously be replaced my soy milk and eggs can be replaced my tofu or ener-g egg replacement..
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it hard to eat vegan and stay within my macros for fat since I am getting most of my protein from nuts. What are you doing for protein?
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Vegans taste horrible!

Actually if you brine them overnight, that works too. :laugh:

OP - you might want to do some research on food combinations that will ensure you get all the amino acids that you need, as well as B12. I think you can get Nutritional Yeast for the B12.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Vegans taste horrible!

It depends on whether they just ate a peanut butter Snickers or not.
  • JohnnyDragon
    JohnnyDragon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I always end up screwing up my diet when I try and eat vegans. I do find BOCA Burgers usually satisfy my "meat cravings" though...so good with B-rice. :laugh: