Juice Cleanses

Options
Hi! Has anyone done a juice cleanse? If so what company did you use? I'm thinking about doing one, so any advice, or things to look out for would be helpful.

Replies

• EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • pamgreen1
    Options
    I really love Blueprint Cleanse. They deliver all the juices fresh to your door, which makes it super easy and effortless. (I usually juice on my own, but because it is a ton of work, I prefer to have my juices delivered so I can actually relax and make the most of my cleanse experience.) They also have a book, The 3 day Cleanse, which has a lot of recipes, s hould you choose to juice on your own. It also has a lot of tips and information about the benefits of cleansing, how to go about a juice cleanse, etc. - i found it to be really helpful.as far as the cleanses go, they have 3 different levels which feature different jucies, depending on how deep of a detox you want to go. i have a lot mroe energy when i cleanse and it defintely gets me back on track to eating healthier. and my skin always looks amazing! it is also a nutritional juice cleanse, so you aren't depriving yoru body at all (i think it is about 20 pounds of produce a day you drink! crazy!) definitely suggest checking them out - ihave nothing but awesome things to say!
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Company? I just drank homemade juice from fresh produce . . .
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Why are you doing a juice cleanse? Why are you doing a cleanse at all? They're not necessary.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how a diarrhea inducing diet can be considered a cleanse? I guess if you wanted to cleanse your body of fluids it would be ok.

You juice fanatics are weird.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Soap works much better . I find that juice leaves me really sticky.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I loved doing a juice fast. I didn't take any pills or potions or anything like an actual "cleanse". I did a 8 day juice fast where I had fresh vegetable/fruit juice 3 times a day and nothing else. I did this at a spa and was supervised. I've done 2 - 3 days juice fasts at home. All I needed was a juicer and a variety of organic fruits & vegetables. Good luck. If you have any questions you can email me.
  • msam0829
    msam0829 Posts: 2
    Options
    I used Ritual Cleanse (www.ritualcleanse.com) and afterwards we just bought our own Juicer (a Breville IKON) and made our own recipes. You can find our recipes here at www.facebook.com/FoodStruck. Not just for juices but for organic meals too when you incorporate back to whole foods!
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi! Has anyone done a juice cleanse? If so what company did you use? I'm thinking about doing one, so any advice, or things to look out for would be helpful.

There's no reason to use a company. All you do is buy a juicer and put whatever fruits/veggies you want in it. It doesn't take but a few minutes. You can look up recipes online or make your own. If you're thinking of doing one for several days, I would suggest slowly incorporating them into your current eating plan so you can get accustomed to it. That way you can see if it'd be something you're interested in doing.

I enjoy juicing a few times per week, and it's a great way to get in all those vitamins and minerals without all the fiber. I did one juice fast awhile back for 10 days just to see if I could do it. It's not something I would recommend for long term, but if you want to try it, then go for it.
  • carolinaf6
    carolinaf6 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should read about it instead of name calling and coming of ignorant and judgmental. Not to mention jealous and insecure. But go ahead. We are the ones losing weight
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should read about it instead of name calling and coming of ignorant and judgmental. Not to mention jealous and insecure. But go ahead. We are the ones losing weight
    You aren't the only ones losing weight.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Regardless if it works or not...the placebo effect is real and it alone can help people accomplish a goal by increasing morale.
  • tblondegrl88
    Options
    Don't hate one the Juicers just because your still fat and will always be fat.
  • chrissy3
    chrissy3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please do some research before you contribute. Juicing is very effective and you will lose weight. I have been juicing for just two weeks and not only have I lost weight but I feel better in general. This place is for helpful advice not negativity and ignorance.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Clearly juicing makes people smarter and more articulate as well.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Company? I just drank homemade juice from fresh produce . . .

LOL me too...no company needed.

My favorite is apple, grape and ginger root. SO GOOD!
  • keveem
    keveem Posts: 8
    Options
    I agree, why hate on people that juice? I juice every morning and love it, and it helps a lot. I think you would be better off just buying a juicer.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    I don't understand how a diarrhea inducing diet can be considered a cleanse? I guess if you wanted to cleanse your body of fluids it would be ok.

You are obviously clueless.

Juicing hydrates your body like it's mean to be, you're giving it all the vitamins and minerals it's been literally dying to have.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

You are obviously clueless.

Juicing hydrates your body like it's mean to be, you're giving it all the vitamins and minerals it's been literally dying to have.

No it doesn't.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I agree, why hate on people that juice? I juice every morning and love it, and it helps a lot. I think you would be better off just buying a juicer.

I don't think anyone hates the people who juice it's more a contempt for the companies that use pseudo-scientific bafflegab and misuse the terms cleanse and detox, ascribing almost miraculous properties to whatever supplements they're selling that week.

The reality is that your body is quite capable of cleansing and detoxing itself through consumption of a healthy diet. Your liver and kidneys do a marvelous job removing waste products from your blood and your intestines look after the rest. The reason many people will feel great when juicing is that they're not eating a bunch of processed junk, just the same as they would probably feel great by eating a cleaner diet.

The real question is whether or not you're doing something that will become part of your eating habits for the rest of your life. I could certainly see someone replacing a few meals a week forever but to subsist solely on juice forever???

If you think about it, we're all on the same side - striving for healthier lives - but taking different paths. Some people (myself included at times) probably just express themselves a little less diplomatically than may be optimal.