At My Witts End!

Options
I am an early riser. I awake most days between 5-6am. My workday schedule is very scrambled, as I work Retail. Much of my schedule is working from 1pm-9:30. I have tried several times to cram all my meals in BEFORE I go to work with no success. Each time I ended up throwing up.

Here is my eating schedule on my 2 days off per week

: Breakfast between 6-8am
Snack between 9-10am (fruit or almonds)
Lunch between 11-12pm
Snack between 2-3pm (fruit or popcorn)
Dinner between 4-6pm
Snack between 7-8pm (jello or fruit)
Bedtime between 9-10pm

Any suggestions for the other 5 days I am working??? I am going to be a cow by July at this rate:grumble:

Replies

• Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I just noticed the time of your post. You are an early riser. When are your breaks at work?
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I just noticed the time my reply indicates --it's actually 7:40 am here.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Why are you trying to eat all your meals before work? Don't you get a break? I've worked retail. In that many hours I would get a 15 min. break and 30 min for lunch/dinner. They cannot expect you to remain productive without food. And there are laws that determine employee breaks.

I would keep the morning the same. Have lunch be the same time but make it my big meal of the day. Then bring something for snack & dinner and have a light snack when I get home if I'm hungry.

Snack could still be almonds or fruit. Dinner could be a bowl of soup you warm up. A turkey or chicken sandwich on whole grain bread with some fresh vegetables. Think subway but make it at home.
    Quinoa with vegetables is another easy thing to make before and quick to warm up.
  • DMORTIFF
    DMORTIFF Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i work a pretty regular 7-5 job i prepare rice chicken and keep some frozen whole vegetables in the feezer i fix my lunch the night before not always successful at it but most days i am that meal with 4oz of chcken .5 cp rice and a cup of whatever veggie i have is normally around 400- 500 calories. i fix enough to get me through the week.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I wondered too, why you cannot eat at work?

Like Kelly said, eat a big healthy lunch just before work and bring 3 'snacks' with the rest of your calories for the day.

I bring to work:

apples/cheese
    banana/peanut butter
    triscuits/cheese
    hummus/carrots
    salad/chicken
    almonds/peach
    sandwich w/turkey/mustard/cheese/whole grain bread. I eat 1/2 at 1 pm and 1/2 at 4 on the days I am going to the gym.

always a complex carb with a protein. Also I have those Lean Cuisines for the days I just cant get it together.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie